“Nice Hotel; Rooms + Lobby Could Be Better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The London NYC

Save Saved
You added The London NYC to your Saves list
The London NYC
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   151 West 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #61 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“Nice Hotel; Rooms + Lobby Could Be Better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Overall this is a nice, all-suite hotel in a great area of the city. Super close to the park and Times Square. Perhaps a bit out of the way if you're here on business.

Some overall thoughts:

- Rooms are nice (all suites) but seem to be a bit dated, decor-wise. Everything feels very 90s Miami for some reason, complete with pastels everywhere. Further, some of the rooms are just lacking any decor at all. The living room in my suite has zero wall art or anything but a couch, desk and TV that is far too small for the room. Walls are just plain grey. It is just matching the finer touches that you see elsewhere.

- The staff is generally friendly, but some of the concierge hosts do have a bit of that snooty NYC attitude.

- Wifi is decent but could be faster.

- The other big area besides the lack of room decor that they need work on is the lobby. There are zero chairs or places to sit. Anywhere. Not one. Why is this? I guess maybe they don't want stragglers coming into that space since it is relatively small but it's very frustrating when it is pouring rain outside and you just want to wait for your car/taxi/ride to get there. At the very least they could put a couple couches and coffee table in front of the fireplace.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here for the first time on a 4 day trip to NYC where we wanted to be in mid-town close to shopping and the theatre district. This hotel is perfectly situated on 54th St. between 7th and Ave. of the Americas. Theatres were at most an 11 block walk. 5th Avenue is just 2 blocks away. We found a deal on the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts web page and upgraded to a Sky Suite. The one we had was on the top floor of the building and at 950 sq. ft. was a very spacious apartment. It was great. All the rooms in the hotel are suites. One night at the bar we spoke with a man who has stayed there many times over the years. He comes to New York frequently and would not stay anywhere else. A big part of why he does so is the room size. He said all the rooms are a very generous size. The staff in the lobby, doormen and bellhops are very friendly. The restaurant leaves a little bit to be desired. It is a Gordon Ramsey. It is quite small for a hotel of this size. Most mornings there was a long wait for breakfast. In my opinion one reason is because they were not very efficient at turning over the tables. We had dinner there 2 nights. I found the food excellent, the crab cake, lobster pot pie, scallops were all excellent. The ambiance left a lot to be desired. I really felt I was in the dining room of a hotel. They did not try to make it look nice, warm and inviting for the night time crowd. This detracts from the overall attractiveness of the hotel. That being said, I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE! Edward Costa is hands down the WORST GM i have ever dealt with at a hotel in my life. Snide, rude, awful at customer service. My company held an event at the London's amazing penthouse ( beautiful space, worst customer service i have experienced) After spending over 12k for an event asked to speak with gm about a few concerns and issues was told directly by ED that they have much larger corporate clients who spend much more than my company did and he would not be able to help us all with a BIG smirk on his face. Ed took my perception of a beautiful room at a fine hotel and turned me into a client who will never ever return. We have requested Ed's bosses contact info at luxutry resorts to no avail. He is an embarrassment to customer service and should be removed as the GM before he ruins a perfectly fine hotel

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed at this property in Novermber 2013. My stay was amazing.The staff was attentive and very accommodating. You are within walking distance of Time Square and Central Park. The suites were modern and well appointed. My favorite part of the suite was the bathroom. The double shower was a nice touch.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Athlone, Westmeath, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed in The London NYC by myself on business firstly and then had an extended few days to experience it as a leisure guest.
This hotel is prime location between 6th and 7th just back from Central Park South and is only a minute to 5th Avenue.
The staff at the hotel could not have done any more to make my stay any better, from the initial welcome to leaving the hotel the team were top notch, extremely knowledgeable on all counts and most helpful.
The suites are excellent- large, bright, spacious, excellently decorated with excellent amenities.
From a business point of view the suites sitting rooms offer large desks, comfortable chairs, strong wifi and all you need to conduct your business or host meetings.
From a personal point of view the gym facilities and proximity to runs in Central Park were excellent and the lounge offered both an excellent breakfast and a great wine or cocktails menu in the evening.
At the time of my stay the main restaurant was closed so the same area used for breakfast was the only full dining facility available for dinner - it was tasty and I couldn't fault it, but I did find it quite limited and uninspiring as the only full restaurant for dinner in the hotel. Fine if you are staying in the hotel and just want something tasty and handy. It was just as easy to dine in the bar on the smaller bar menu which offered nearly as much and had slightly more buzz. But in New York dining options are not exactly limited anyway so I would not rate this as negative just an observance during the time of my stay.
This hotel in general is excellent, exceptionally maintained, wonderfully located and hosts a fantastic front of house team. I will make a point of staying in The London NYC on my next trip to New York, whether it be on business or pleasure.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

It all began when our taxi smashed into a parked truck trailer in front of The London...employees from the hotel on their break..saw this...quickly grabbed our bags..took us thru the back of the hotel and in 2 minutes had us checked in and our holiday began...the service continued to be superb thru out our stay in this most charming hotel situated near all...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

My friend and I stayed at the London for 4 nights last week. The location was perfect for us, right in the middle of everything.
The hotel was very clean, modern and the rooms were extremely spacious.
We had trouble with our tv one night and moved to a room a few doors down, the staff were extremely accommodating and helpful regarding this.
The reception staff were OK, not super friendly, apart from Louise who really was lovely.
The concierge were also very helpful when we were looking for brunch/dinner spots.

Our room didn't have the greatest views but reading other reviews I guess there are rooms where you can also get the view- pick one of those!

One night we did have a little bit of trouble in the bar with a man who was extremely drunk and acted inappropriately towards my friend and I. I won't go into it but it was very scary for us at the time! Security were alerted of this and we were asked questions about our encounter. After all of that the bar still charged us for our drinks which we really were surprised about! I guess the security did everything they could to help but when we checked out, the reception staff did and said nothing about our troubles! The hotel is very expensive so we expected something a little more, a discount off the bill or at least something! Nothing was mentioned at all.

I would return to the hotel as it was a very comfortable stay but I would stay away from the bar!

Overall I would say it's more of a 4* hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The London NYC? Share your experiences!