“You Must Stay Here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The London NYC

You added The London NYC to your Saves list
The London NYC
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   151 West 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #67 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Cheshire
“You Must Stay Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

We booked this for our 30th anniversary and therefore wanted it to be perfect. I looked to Trip Advisor before I booked and some of the comments made me think maybe I should book somewhere else. I am so glad we didn't. The hotel rooms (London Suite), the Gordon Ramsay restaurant, the staff, all were amazing. We were very well looked after. The only thing that could have made it better would have been a meeting with Gordon!

• Liked — Luxury & Location
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Turkish first
Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

This hotel is 5 mins stroll to Central Park, Broadway, Times Square and 5th Avenue. Perfect location in my view.

The rooms as everyone else has said are all suites, very spacious, very clean and we had no problems with noise (we were on 11th floor)
Bar seems to be a place "to be seen" with prices to match. Didn't try the restaurant as wanted to eat out and about, advise booking ahead as being a resident holds no sway in reserving a table.

Only complaint would be the room service charges. On top of the already hefty room service menu prices there is a "for your convenience" 17.5% room service charge and 10 dollars per person service charge. Quite a shock when signing for 2 coffees in you room! Seemed like being blatantly ripped off.

Asked the doorman for a breakfast restaurant reservation as we were up early due to the time difference etc and he immediatley responed with a place called Park Central, just around the block. This is not to be recommended, food was terrible and seemed a lazy recommendation in our view as the Carnegie Deli was just as close and much better as we later found ( go early as queues from 11.00am are massive as are the portions beware!)

Good bar next door "Faces and Places"
Irish bar just around the corner on 7th Ave shows premiership football for those of us interested, good atmosphere, bit cheeky charging 10 dollars cover charge but seemed only place around so see what he's done there!
If going up Empire State - my tip is to buy the Express pass online before you go (costs an additional 20 dollars) but I got through the massive queues at 8.00am to be on the observation deck on my own. Probably saved me 2 hours queuing I reckon!

Good bar in greenwich village "1849" great food and live music every night.

Stay at the London, you won't be disappointed and reasonable room rate for class hotel.

• Liked — The Suite
  • Disliked — The room service associated charges
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

We just returned from a three night stay at the London NYC. We had a total of five people so we reserved two rooms. We arrived in New York at noon so we checked to see if we could drop off our luggage before beginning our sightseeing. They had one room ready for us. The other room was ready when we returned that late afternoon. Both rooms were large and very clean. The bathrooms did not have a tub but they had great showers. The pulsating shower head had great pressure and felt great on muscles that were sore from walking. The beds were so comfortable, including the rollaway that we used for our teenage son. The price was alittle higher then we wanted to pay, but overall it was a great stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. One doorman in particular really hustled to get us a cab when we were going to the airport. Fifth avenue had closed unexpectedly and the street was gridlocked. He loaded our bags on a cart, rolled it down the block to seventh avenue and found us a cab. We got to the airport on time! We would stay there again.

• Liked — Clean rooms, comfortable beds.
  • Disliked — It was within walking distance to the theaters but would have liked it to be a little closer.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tustin, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2008

We were there March 18-22nd. We were there for both business and pleasure and had a great time. The location is great, you are so close to everything. The room was very spacious and overall the hotel was very nice. The room was extremely clean. The service from the hotel employees was also outstanding. We had a drink and lite eats in the bar one evening and that was just so so. The service was not that great and the food mediocre. Maybe they were just having an off night. Overall though, we had a great time and would definitely stay again.

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
wayne,pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2008

This would be the perfect hotel for NYC if guarantee as to room type is not critical. I booked the property online for a Friday night stay and then contacted hotel directly, twice, to verify I had 2 beds as traveling with teenage daughter. I was told no problem. When we got to the hotel, the rude deskclerk told me they only had 1 queen. I told her I had spoken twice to confirm and she said they never guarantee. I was pretty angry but then another guest overheard me and told me to talk to Guest Services, as his room requests had been ignored too. I spoke to Lazaro Rivero, who was very ,very nice about the matter. He could not change the room, but he did give me a decent credit, while reiterating they do not guarantee room types. Other than the desk clerk, everyone else in the hotel was very friendly and helpful. They even gave me a 1 hr late checkout, which can be difficult to get in NYC on a weekend. The room itself was beautiful and immaculate. As described before, there is a separate bedroom and then a large living area. We did have a cot (though uncomfortable) in that area. The bathroom was large, with shower only, but had nice amenities. Housekeeping was fine, with nightly service as well. They promptly delivered a toothbrush when contacted for one. The location for this hotel cannot be beat- about a block from Fifth Avenue (a short walk gets you to 57th and the great stores), and only a block as well from Stage or Carnegie Deli. Times Sq and Broadway are a short cab ride away. Room service for breakfast was delivered on time and was very good. Free copies of the NYTimes are ;provided on each floor. There are restaurants off the lobby -the upscale Gordon Ramsey restaurant and his more moderate priced one . (We did not eat there as we love the 21 Club and Sardi's pre and post theatre. Great food, service and atmosphere at both) The hotel also has a nice bar. Drink prices are typical for a NYC hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for an upscale facility and guarantee as to bed type is not a problem. The rates being offered are exceptional for NYC right now as well- there is also a AAA discount. By the way, as to any noise problem, they deliver ear plugs at night, but we were on the 8th floor, facing 54th St., and had absolutely no problem with noise.Thanks again, Lazaro!

• Liked — Lazaro and the London staff, minus one desk clerk; and the location
  • Disliked — cannot guarantee bed type
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family

Service- Excellent

Room- Phenominal!

Resteraunt- Perfecto!

Everything Else- Wonderful

When I woke up I pressed a button on this remote and the curtains opened to a wonderful view of NYC! I would recomend this hotel to ANYONE!!

Chrissy Taylor

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for one night and wish I could have spent more time. My room was not really a room, but a beautiful, modern suite with a living room, a bedroom, a hallway and a bath. The bathroom did not have a tub, but had a huge walk-in glass shower with two separate shower heads on different ends of the shower stall: one a regular shower and another -- one of those rain showers (that's the one I tried). The bedding was luxurious and new, the mattress-perfect firmness. There were two flat-screen TVs -- one in the bedroom, one in the living room. The bedroom also had an iPod docking station --very useful.
I tried room service twice -- once at night for tea and dessert (it arrived very quickly and the ice cream -- coffee, salted almond, and ginger --was superb; the tea service included a very large pot of water, which I liked, that was so well-insulated that the water was still very hot the following morning); and once more the following morning. I got an eggwhite omelet and a madagascan vanilla yogurt with tea. The omelet was tasty and kept me full through lunch. The yogurt could have used a bit of sweetness -- it was tasty, but very neutral --other than seeing vanilla specks in it, I could not really taste it. The breakfast arrived on time, which was important for me because I had a pretty busy day.
The checkout -- through the TV in the room -- was quick.
Overall, I loved the modern, sleek decor, and thought the location was great.
Unfortunately I did not get to eat downstairs at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant, but there's always another time.
Give this hotel a try -- you will not be disappointed.

• Liked — modern decor, very comfortable bed, great service
  • Disliked — a bit hard to figure out the light switches, no tub
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The London NYC? Share your experiences!