“THE BEST WEDDING BASE HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The London NYC

Save Saved
You added The London NYC to your Saves list
The London NYC
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   151 West 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #71 of 451 hotels in New York City
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“THE BEST WEDDING BASE HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my immediate family and my extended families' first stay at the London. My niece picked the London to use as 'wedding central'! I can't compliment Sophia or her staff enough on their outstanding job of making all of us (50+) feel comfortable and welcome. ( I'm NOT including the other 100+ guests who were there for my nieces wedding!) The location is excellent. You feel like you can get anywhere, yet the street noise was very minimal...that's saying A LOT for NYC in MY view! This was the most spacious accommodation I've had in my many visits to NYC. The furnishings are very contemporary, which isn't my taste, but that didn't detract from our stay. The bed, bath and closet were top notch! I really appreciated the hotels 'green' approach to towel and sheet service and FREE wifi! ALL staff personnel I encountered, were very attentive and polite. I didn't use room service, but the food served for the wedding guests on a couple of occasions were great. Charity did a wonderful job cleaning up after us each day! cs

Room Tip: All rooms are suites....sitting room plus bedroom, bath and closet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

2,060 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed here several times over the past few years. Rooms are most generous by New York standards! And front part can be closed off - quite a nice amenity. Service, location, restaurant are all more than adequate! Valet parking is available but parking is easy at a nearby garage.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

It was my third times staying at the London, not to mention how wonderful all the staff are, good location, easy to access to everywhere. It has the most up to date accomodation.

I like carpet and prefer bath than shower in my own home, but at the hotel, all those are not necessary be my first choice from the hygiene point of view. The London got it right - beautiful woodend floor and very modern shower area easy to use. after stayed once at the Manderine Oriental happily, i have been ever since choose staying at the London as I feel so confortable. Highly recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, if you have a business meeting, do asking for a suit.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Easton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had stayed at The London in the past and it was always excellent! Having planned a weekend getaway in the city I was thinking of revisiting.Based on the location, price and past experiences I decided it would be ideal.Everything was Great! Even better than past visit.Rooms were spotless and larger than expected,amenities were nice, food and service were excellent as always.Would definitly return and recommend The London

Room Tip: had room 3008 which is right off the elevators so i was a bit concerned at first about the potential...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I spent five days at the London Hotel.
We wanted something mid town, close to Times Square, Central Park, Lincoln Center and great restaurants. The London was the perfect place. For an upscale hotel it was reasonably priced for New York. The service was terrific. Rooms were large with nice amenities.
We did not have dinner in the hotel but did have breakfast, early evening snacks and late night drinks.
The only reason I did not rate it excellent is I would have like to have seen better lighting in the dressing room/bath area. As a woman I find it impossible to put make-up on in a dimly lit bathroom.

Room Tip: I enjoyed a higher floor with a few of the city
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have stayed twice in the last few months for business and always a great stay. The staff is very professional and friendly. The last visit the front desk person commented she remembered me from the last vist as did one of the servers in the restaurant. I believe having a great smile and attitude brings alot to a staff. The rooms are very comfortable and large for NYC standards. The beds very comfy with great silky linens. The bathrooms are spacious with all the toilietries on hand. The location is perfect and in the center of everything. If using the AMEX FH&R rate, an excellent value.

One visit during the summer, I was stranded in NYC due to a storm and returned to Manhattan. Since it was a day trip, I had nothing with me. The staff made sure I had everything to make the stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've stayed here on business before and brought my partner back for a holiday. The rooms are considerably bigger than I have experienced in many past stays in the city at other 5 star hotels. The bed and linen are super soft and gave a great night's sleep - I'm one of those people who never believes a hotel bed can be comfier than my own bed back home, but this hotel is the exception. (I'm also strangely addicted to their toiletries). They have a good gym and a great bar. The food is what I would call 5 star NY hotel standard, rather than exceptional - but you're in New York, you have loads of choice. The staff were always friendly and polite, and in this I would say the customer service was exceptional.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The London NYC? Share your experiences!