“Good Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #253 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Coulsdon
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

On the plus side this hotel has a great location only 1 block away from the Empre State Building. Friendly staff and the bed was comfortable.
On the down side as others have noted the rooms are very small and there are no wardrobes.
If you are looking for somewhere to sleep with a central location then this is fine but rooms are very disappointing

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Korean first
Saint Charles, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Unfortunately, I was unable to fly out of LaGuardia due to weather issues. It was midnight before I realized I was stuck. I used the app Hotels Tonight just to see what was around. This hotel was listed - and for an awesome price (especially since I knew it was for a quick sleep) - so I called the directly. She was incredibly kind (which was welcomed after the day I'd had) and held a room for me - and honored the price I found on the app!

When I arrived, she welcomed me by name. I had NO idea where this hotel was, so imagine my surprise when I awoke to find the location was terrific! I was disappointed I had to return to the airport and not enjoy my surroundings. I was also pleasantly surprised to learn I had a free breakfast included in the room. The cafe next door was delicious - Oxford Cafe.

The room was small, but perfectly adequate and comfortable for my needs. Besides, when visiting NYC who stays in their room?

The gal at the front desk also arranged a car for the morning return trek to the airport. I was so impressed with the efficiency and kindness of the front desk that I awarded her with a TripAdvisor pin - and I do not usually do that. I only wish I can recall her name. The morning desk attendant was equally pleasant. I highly recommend this place for it's location.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First, it was always easy to remember how to get back to our hotel, since it is only 1 block from the Empire State Building. Second, we had an incredibly friendly check-in staff (and check out staff, for that matter). Third, with validated parking from the hotel, parking was only 35 bucks a day. Lastly, there is a Starbucks on site, and in your room.

The room was cozy, small, but not significantly smaller than anwhere else we have stayed in NYC. The bed was comfy, linens were clean, the toiletries provided were decent (philosophy brand). There was a hairdryer, a full length mirror, and an iron and board available when we needed it.

My only complaint isn't really a hotel complaint...NYC is noisy at all hours, and I assume sirens can be heard no matter what rooms you are in, so it was a bit noisy our first night.

I would definitely stay here again based on the value we got for our room and the location!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hotel373, General Manager at Hotel 373 Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear sbaker1224,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your input and feedback is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival. Thank you very much for complimenting our front desk team; all our team members strive to provide excellent service to guests. We truly hope to welcoming you back. All the best!

LIVERPOOL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Cheap cheerful, great location. Rooms small, no cupboards but yet a massive bathroom?? Good cafe next door.. just enjoy new york and just sleep in the room, never in there anyways. New york tremendous but take plenty money, you will need it... just walk....from top to bottom down and up the streets. Little italy, china town, stataferry, statue liberty, ground zero museum, underground, central park...all excellent, go enjoy and take trainers, it was cold but now getting warmer, 8 inches snow last week...cafe next door ommmlettes to die for, eggs sunny side up, well done, corned beef ash like no other. Pastrami sandwiches wow... rosie ogradys, loads pubs...wine quite dear but got bud lite all over the place so all good, cask ales elswhere also. Felt safe all the time, saw no trouble and new york tame to uk....if you get the underground get the metro cardand put $15 on the card, it lasts for ages...
So the hotel, dont let it put you of just get up, shower and get out. Stay out all day, have lunch dinner, dont come back till when ever and then just sleep in the small room

Stayed March 2015
Dear Steve049,

Thank you for your kind words and the time you took to share them with us. It is such a pleasure to hear, that you enjoyed your stay and the time in NYC. Indeed our location is great, only steps away from Empire State Building and local attractions. We will ensure to share your comments with our team and the café next door to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit. Please note that we will enhance our hotel the beginning of next year . Wishing you a great weekend and we hope to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Rooms at Hotel 373 are small. Period. But if you're like most visitors, you spend very little time in the room. It has comfortable beds, running water, friendly service, free wifi, and great locale. It's a little hard to find, due to its size, but it's great economical lodging.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Aaron,

Thank you for your feedback and the time you took to share them with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Rest ensured, that we will take your comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure a warm welcome for your next visit. Our team members are great and do their best in offering personalized service. We do hope to welcome you back. Anything you need prior to your next visit please let us know and we will be happy to assist.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This hotel was in the perfect location for everything in the middle of 5th Avenue. Empire state building over the road, 5 mins walk from times square, macys and the subway. 15 mins walk from grand central station and around about half an hour walk to central park. The rooms were a little small but as we were only sleeping there it wasnt a problem. There is a starbucks attached to the hotel and you get free starbucks in your room.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us; as you mentioned our hotel couldn’t be at a better location with all the local attractions close by. We do hope to welcoming you back in the near future. Anything you need please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

Buckingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

We and another couple stayed here for 5 nights to experience New York in December and it was great. The hotel was in a great location, the Empire State building was just oposite and the some main streets with Christmas decorations were right on our doorstep.
Our hotel room was rather small, there was room for one suitcase, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable which is all we really needed as most time was spend outside in the city.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Thank you for a great stay, we would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Katie,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will ensure to share your comments with our team members who are always doing their best in offering personalized service to guests and catering to their needs. We look forward to welcoming you back. Anything you need prior to your return please let us know and we will be happy to assist.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hotel 373 Fifth Avenue? Share your experiences!