“Great For the Eyes, Terrible for the Tongue” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hawaiian Tropic Zone
729 7th Ave, New York City, NY 10019-6831 (Manhattan)
212-626-7312
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Binghamton, NY
“Great For the Eyes, Terrible for the Tongue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

We decided to stop for dinner while in NYC a couple months ago. It was definitly a nice environment with good music and waitresses which are hard to not watch. The drinks were pricey for me, but for the city they seemed about right. The food was very expensive and mediocre at best. I'd go again for drinks, but there are plenty of other places I could go to eat. Also, the models show that they do is great, but if you are waiting for food you'll be waiting until the end of it because the waitresses are all busy with the show.

Laurel, Maryland
“The Zone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

This is for the young, I would say 18-35. I wouldn’t bring kids because of the women in bikinis and little dance number they do. Yes the waitresses are all in bikinis and there also the pageant models. It's a great spot if you want something a little hip. The ambiance is leather seats with dim lighting and candles, round tables, or the bar area. The food is between Fridays and PF Chang, so it’s not bad, it’s good, but not great. It’s on 49th and Seventh Avenue. The service is mediocre. The drink I had was an apple cooler of some sort it was excellent so I was pretty shocked. We had Organic chicken as an entre and shared it, the buffalo spring rolls were ok and chicken fingers and French fries for my younger sister, and the bill was about $60.00.

To get this place ranked pretty high They would need to work on there service and serve top notch food but other than that Hawaiian Tropic zone was better than I thought it would be and I would definitely go back because its different and I wanted something a little hip. They deserve exactly 3 stars!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“After 11, the restaurant...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

After 11, the restaurant closes and they convert both floors into a giant lounge and dance floor. That's what we went for. The music was good, but the crowd was mediocre for NYC.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Incredible food plus nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2008

Incredible food plus nice atmosphere

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good drinks, pricey on entrees, good atmosphere! :)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2008

good drinks, pricey on entrees, good atmosphere! :)