“A memorable experience.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gordon Ramsay at the London

Gordon Ramsay at the London
151 W 54th St, New York City, NY 10019-5302 (Manhattan)
212 468 8888
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Ramsay at the London is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,286 of 11,776 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: btw 6th & 7th Avenues
Transit: 7th Avenue stop on B, D, E train, and 57th Street/7th Avenue stop on N, Q, R, & W trains.
Description: Experience luxurious fine dining created by Michelin starred chef Gordon Ramsay set within The London NYC. Serving French inspired cuisine with impeccable sophistication, this unforgettable backdrop has been custom designed by innovator David Collins. The intimate and elegant ambiance is ideal for any special moment or occasion. With only 45 seats, guests savor innovative cuisine from the culinary team of Gordon Ramsay complimented by an unprecedented wine list. Gordon Ramsay at The London has been consistently awarded two stars from the prestigious Michelin guide. Fortunate guests have preferential access to the inner sanctum of this multi-million dollar kitchen when reserving the exclusive Chef's Table which seats up to eight guests for a eight course tasting menu and wine pairing. Gordon Ramsay at The London redefines the ultimate culinary experience. Jackets preferred; jeans, sneakers and sportswear are prohibited. Reservations are accepted up to three (3) months prior.
Huntington, NY
“A memorable experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My son is a fan of Gordon Ramsay, so my wife and I surprised him by celebrating his 16th. birthday with dinner here. The restaurant is understated and quiet inside - qualities I value but are often difficult to find. The waiters were excellent, the right balance of being helpful and attentive without hovering. The timing of the courses was very good - we never felt rushed or felt we were left waiting. The dishes we ordered were simply fantastic - this restaurant really has it all! I don't think that, between the 3 courses for 4 people, there was a single dish we would not order again. The item which stood out for me was the foie gras appetizer - it was excellent and unlike any other foie gras I have had.
At the end our waiter Shareef, learning of my son's interest in cooking, gave us a tour of the kitchen.
We had a great evening at the Gordon Ramsay, and I cannot recommend it more highly.

• Visited October 2013

Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Took my mum for her 70th birthday meal,had the 5 course taster was one of the best meals i have eaten in a long time.All was excellent but the lamb and the raspberry souffle was superb.
The staff who served us that evening..Andrew,Brett,David and Dan were so charming and attentive and very knowledgeable about all the courses and wine, and were extremly kind to my mum.I coudnt fault a thing and the room was absolutely breathtaking...It was a perfect evening thank you so much for the great service im am saving madly to go back!!!

• Visited October 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
“Best-est Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Gordon Ramsay's restaurant lived up to its name. Although it was heavy on the pockets, it was money well-spent. Even before we were given our menu, we were offered a delicious appetizer. That really set the mood for the whole evening. Every dish that followed just got better.

In terms of service, it was real first class. Bread crumbs were swept off the table before every course (I'm sorry that I'm messy); when I left the table to go to the restroom, my seat was reset back to its original state (utensils replaced, napkin was re-folded), and many more tales of good service which you need to experience for yourself.

We are wine-idiots, but the server took his time explaining the different kinds of wine, and didn't seem to be in a hurry to serve another table.

Service, excellent. Food, excellent. Ambiance, excellent. Truly a once in a life time experience. Any restaurant would need to work thrice as hard just to meet the standards of The London at NYC.

• Visited February 2013
“Less than expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The food was good but the service wasn't satisfying as expected. We were freezing during the dinner because of the air-conditioning. Lower quality than few years ago.

New York
“Amazing food, beautiful room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a beautiful meal, mine a vegetarian 5 course tasting menu, my husband's was three courses with meat. The food was imaginative and beautifully executed. I never wondered if my plates were worth the price - they absolutely were even without the meat.

The service was, for the most part, outstanding. However, our main server was forgetful. I had to ask for the wine list 3 times and my husband twice had to request a drink more than once. It's a small thing, but I expected better. The worst part of the evening was the sommelier, who was so condescending & arrogant that I thought he was joking. I literally laughed, until I realized that he didn't think I was worth his time. I definitely expected better than trying to make guests feel uncomfortable from a restaurant of this caliber. My hope is that he gets the sack before too long & it's safe to order wine again.

• Visited September 2013