“Wonderful small hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lex NYC

You added The Lex NYC to your Saves list
The Lex NYC
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   67 Lexington Avenue, New York City, NY 10010 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #12 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Wonderful small hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Lex is a wonderful, boutique hotel near the lower east side. The hotel staff is super friendly and the rooms are extremely clean and quiet!! The location of the hotel is within an easy walk to the subway and many restaurants and shops.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from The Lex NYC,

I wanted to personally thank you for your stellar review on our hotel. It is comments such as yours that motivates the team at the hotel to achieve excellence. We all have pride and passion when it comes to servicing our guests and it is great to see that this proved true during your visit. We would love to have you back as our valued guest shortly. Please contact the hotel directly and we will ensure another perfect stay! We wish you well until that time comes.

Matt Slippoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My girlfriend and I have just come back from a five-night stay at The Lex NYC Hotel. This is a truly excellent hotel if you're looking for somewhere of great value. It's a five minute walk from the nearest subway station (23rd & Park) so the location is pretty good, and it was an extremely quiet place to stay despite being next to a college building. As a new hotel, it is very clean and the decor is nice and modern. However, the best thing about the hotel is the staff. We had a number of questions that needed answering regarding local travel, places to eat, the Citi Bike's and many others, and no matter who was on the desk, they helped us with an answer. They were truly nice people who genuinely cared about our stay in the city, which was a nice thing. Also served was a small, free, continental breakfast in the lobby, which was a lovely bonus. Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and will certainly look to go back if I ever travel to New York again.

Room Tip: We were offered a slightly bigger room which was nice, but it was given to us with the extra bonus o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Matt S, General Manager at The Lex NYC, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent visit with us. Nothing is more important to our team then 100% guest satisfaction and we are delighted to see your fantastic review. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we hope to have you back as our valued guest shortly.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I needed a comfortable, quiet, clean,and hospitable place to stay while visiting a son living four blocks away. The staff of this boutique hotel was intent on pleasing guests while offering a quiet respite from the city noise. The hotel was pristine in cleanliness and comfort. We recommend this establishment without hesitation and plan to return upon on our next visit.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Matt S, General Manager at The Lex NYC, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your visit and that our staff treated you with the service that you have come to expect while staying at a hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with them as they take a great deal of pride at making each guests stay a perfect 10. Please dont be a stranger and come back to see us shortly.

Clifton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

If you have a brief stay in NYC and are looking for a great value in a good location, this property is a good choice. No frills but a very comfortable bed and surprinsingly quiet. The continental bfast was a nice touch and the service was exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
St. Helena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Fine value hotel. Excellent staff and service. Rooms very small but they clearly upgraded them with quality systems, didn't just cover them with fancy fabrics or marble. New bathrooms and air systems, electrical connections. Dinky lobby. Continental breakfast is minimal but plenty of places in area with top breakfast. (Sarabeth a block away.) Fantastic Indian restaurants up the street and great location for taxis and walking everywhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Matt S, General Manager at The Lex NYC, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
wanted to personally thank you for your stellar review on our hotel. It is comments such as yours that motivates the team at the hotel to achieve excellence. We all have pride and passion when it comes to servicing our guests and it is great to see that this proved true during your visit. We would love to have you back as our values guest shortly and we wish you well until that time comes.

Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great place to stay in Manhattan. Wonderful, helpful staff, very clean accommodations for the traveler who is not looking to visit the hotel but see the city and have a great place to come back to at night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Matt S, General Manager at The Lex NYC, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Greetings from The Lex NYC,

I wanted to personally thank you for your stellar review on our hotel. It is comments such as yours that motivates the team at the hotel to achieve excellence. We all have pride and passion when it comes to servicing our guests and it is great to see that this proved true during your visit. We would love to have you back as our valued guest shortly and we wish you well until that time comes.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I spent just one night here for work, and the first impressions were great. I asked for a quiet room, and got one away from the elevator in the back of the building. It was on the second floor, with a "terrace" that was basically the bottom of a shaft. Nevertheless, it was quiet.

The room itself was very, very tight, but I felt that the designers made the best use of the space. Ceiling height was great, which made it much less claustrophobic. I believe I had a standard queen room, and it is really suitable only for 1 person to stay in. I would go insane with another person. Everything was brand new, and I loved the floor to ceiling headboard for the bed. It really classed up the room, even though the rest of it was pretty blah.

The most outstanding feature of my room by far was the bathroom. It was pretty incredible, almost as big as the bedroom itself. The floor was a really nice wood-look tile, and there was plenty of counter space. The black and white tiling looked sexy and chic and classic all at the same time. The tub surround was entirely tiled in black, which I usually would not have liked, but again due to the ceiling height, as well as the fairly wide tub, it wasn't an issue. Shower pressure was fantastic.

Unfortunately, when it came time to sleep, I discovered the shortcomings. The A/C was extremely loud, and the auto setting only allowed it to go off for about 2 minutes for every 10 minutes of on. That it was unable to maintain 70 degrees in a room no larger than 200 square feet was pretty silly. And then on top of that, the bed was just not that comfortable. Perhaps I am too spoilt by pillowtops - although I did not look to confirm, it definitely did not feel like I was sleeping on a pillowtop mattress.

I skipped breakfast, but did notice that it was a simple spread in the small lobby on my way out. I really wanted to like my stay here, and was hoping that I would discover a new goto boutique hotel, but I did not get a very comfortable night's sleep. Having said that, if the hotel is able to fix or replace the a/c units, I can probably be convinced to try it again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Matt S, General Manager at The Lex NYC, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent visit with us. Our team strives hard at ensuring that all guest who stay with us leave after receiving a perfect stay. While we have exceeded that goal with almost all of our guests I wanted to apologize that we did not hit that goal with your stay. We are aware that a few of our rooms have rather loud HVAC units. Due to the construction of the building we had no choice but to go with those types of units in a few rooms. Most of rooms however, have a different kind of unit that are silent. I wish you would have alerted us to this concern as we would have been happy to make other arrangements for you. I would be happy to personally take care of your next reservation if you are willing to give us another try and I will make sure to place you in a room with a silent unit. I was also surprised to hear that our beds weren't comfortable for you. As you can see by all other comments on Trip Advisor, our beds have proved to be a major hit with other guests. They are in fact all pillow top mattresses and close to the top of the line. Nothing is more important to us then the comfort of our guests and we spared no expense on our beds. due to the fact that the hotel is new, it could be possible that the beds are still a little firm. Nonetheless, we did not hit our goal during your stay and I sincerely apologize for that. I am happy that you enjoyed the bathrooms in the hotel but for us, we want you to enjoy the total package. Please contact me should you wish to discuss your concerns further. I can only hope that this has not tarnished your thoughts or feelings on our company and hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a perfect stay.

Matt Slippoy

Been to The Lex NYC? Share your experiences!