This was the first time that my wife and I visited NYC during Christmas. The hotel was pricey ($1600 for 4 nights but that may be the going rate at this time) but very conveniently located. We were able to walk to Macy's; Time Square; Empire State Building; the Theater District and Penn Station (to catch the subway). Other POIs we were able to walk to but are a bit farther were: Rockefeller Center; St. Patrick's Cathedral and Radio City Music Hall. You would need transportation to Central Park and sites in lower Manhattan (subway was very convenient to see the WTC; Staten Island Ferry, Wall Street.
Wingate is a small hotel. It has 18 floors with only 6 rooms on each. They do offer free continental breakfast which is very good. We had a room on the fourth floor facing the street. We could hear street noise but not enough to disturb our sleep. Our room was nice. We had problems with the security safe and mini refrigerator which was taken care of the day after we checked in.
Housekeeping was adequate. I needed to ask 3 times for additional towels and pillows. And when the room was cleaned, dirty cups were not taken care of or the ice bucket emptied.
Overall I rated the hotel a bit higher than I would if it were not in NYC.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Manhattan Midtown Hotel
- Wingate By Wyndham Manhattan Midtown Hotel New York City
- Wingate New York City
- Wingate Manhattan Midtown
- Wyndham New York City
- New York City Wyndham
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan Midtown New York City Hotel is located just 1/2 block from Macys and Herald Square in the heart of the Garment/Fashion District, two blocks from Madison Square Garden and Penn Station and just moments away from such famous landmarks as the Empire State Building - 4 blocks, Times Square - 7 blocks, Bryant Park - 10 blocks, the Theater District - 10 blocks, and the Jacob Javits Convention Center - 10 blocks. At Wingate by Wyndham, we know you mean business. Our ninety-two spacious guestrooms and suites feature a well-lit work area, complimentary high speed internet access-wired and wireless, two line phones and remote printing from your room. The Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan Midtown is now offering FREE long distance calls to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Amex, Otel, Olotels, EasyToBook, Venere and Wyndham so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.