“Great evening out” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cherry Lane Theatre

Cherry Lane Theatre
38 Commerce Street, just off Seventh Avenue, New York City, NY (Manhattan)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #356 of 846 attractions in New York City
Type: Theaters
Attraction Details
Belgrade, Serbia
“Great evening out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Small, intimate theater where you can enjoy great actors (at a moderate prices). I loved Psycho Therapy. You can wander around the lovely neighborhood before and after the play.

Visited May 2012

Medford, New Jersey
“Neat Theatre - Great History”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

A neat theatre to visit and enjoy a show in a great neighborhood. Psycho Therapy was fantastic and I would see it again! Guaranteed to make you laugh! Hats off to the cast/crew.

Visited April 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Off Broadway - Better than Broadway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I always try to go to one show in NYC whenever I visit. My husband and I decided to spend all of our trip in one area of the city and therefore went to see Psycho Therapy at the Cherry Lane Theater. The theater appears to be recently renovated and the play we saw was one of the best we have both ever seen. After seeing a number of Broadway plays in NYC as well as other parts of the country.

Visited February 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
44 attraction reviews
“Very comfortable updated off broadway theater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

The Cherry Lane Theater started in Greenwich Village to showcase emerging playwrights and actors. It did so for decades, and is back in operation after a major renovation. The updates include new seats, lighting, heating and other systems which make this theater a wonderfully intimate place to see a play.

Visited January 2012
San Diego, California
63 attraction reviews
“Escape the crowds...but, don't miss out on quality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

What a perfect evening in the city...2+ hours of laughter at 'Nunsense' and outstanding food at 'Palma Restaurant'. Greenwich is my favorite NYC neighborhood. I'm certain if we lived here, we would be season ticket holders at this awesome little theater. If you're looking for bright lights, major productions, and big crowds this is not the theater for you...this is where the unpretentious regular theater-goers come for good quality off-Broadway productions.

The actresses in 'Nunsense' were all very talented...and, darn funny. And, I appreciate that the play was written with heart. No angry Catholic bashing here...just good-natured fun. I highly recommend coming here!