“Loud clocks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of New York Hilton Midtown

You added New York Hilton Midtown to your Saves list
New York Hilton Midtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1335 Avenue of the Americas, 6th Avenue at 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast WiFi Offer
Ranked #332 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Loud clocks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The renovated rooms on the club floors (40s) have clocks welded to the wall. If you are someone that can't sleep with loud ticking noises, do not book these rooms. Stick to the normal rooms, they are just fine.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,084)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

After a long travel day, I arrived at the hotel at 1am (yes 1 in the morning) only to find out they were overbooked. What happened to my reservation? Apparently having a reservation doesn't matter. They let me stand there for about 10 minutes before telling me there were no rooms. Did I mention it was 1am? They sent me to another place further away on 55th. I specifically picked the Hilton because it was close (walking distance) to where I needed to be in the morning. As I said, NEVER AGAIN.

Stayed February 2015
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Hotel is located in Time Square. What else can we ask for
Everything is at a walking distance specially if you would like to enjoy theaters
Hotel is nice and romos are spacious. We had a doble bed room en 31 floor
Standard with all you need for a nice stay
Pleany of space for luggage and clothes
A place to choose again no doubt

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed overnight on a Saturday to see a broadway show and enjoy the sights of New York. In the past we have stayed at the Marriot Marquis but figured since we are HIlton Honor members we could earn some points. Generally, the room was nice but average, heating system seem to work independently of the temperature we set. At times to cold and other times got to hot. Most disappointing was the lack of a decent place to eat in the hotel. We arrived at noon and since seeing a show at 2PM decided to eat at the hotel. It only had one palce to get food and most of the food was prepackaged or basically pizza and over proced for the quality of the food. No sitdown restaurant with table service. Late night if you wanted a drink, the lounges were also average.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Visited for a conference. Room was decent size; bathroom was modern. Lots of TV channel options. Fun bonus: every mirror was very flattering!

Gym was very large. Precor facility. Could not find any water source in gym however. No water bottles in room either. I appreciate reducing the impact on the environment (and I don't mind drinking NYC tap water); just surprised gym had no options. BYO water to workout!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

What a terrible time you pay for valetbut you have to bring the car to the garage yourself and then walk around the block to go register. No more restaurant even the quote "Breakfast " is a glorified Starbucks no notifcation that they are under partial constuction not even a bottle of water in the room but they try to sell you a timeshare as you are trying to get on the elevator. Never again

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Salt lake, ut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

As a Hilton Diamond I spend a lot of nights in Hiltons. This journey started out bad and just got worse. Had reserved a queen room, at checkout I was told I had been "upgraded" to a room with 2 double beds. No thank you I'll just keep my queen room. Im sorry we don't have any. I also like to be on a high floor away from the busy traffic of the elevator...again so sorry. Okay im only here for a night. Get to my floor and notice wall paper that is ripped and coming off the hallways, really? As I am navigating from the hallway into my room I hit an exposed nail with my foot, nail goes clear through my shoe!! This place is so shoddy the have baseboards that have fallen off leaving 1 inch exposed nails! Good thing I was not on one of the floors they were doing heavy demolition on. Shame on you Hilton for allowing this travesty to have your name. On the upside the pepperoni pizza in the lobby was great.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Kellie C, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Bellancaboy,

We take our guest feedback very seriously, and we regret that your recent stay did not meet the standards you have come to know as a Hilton Diamond guest. As you note, we are in the process of addressing some of the very issues you mention. However, we are concerned that you were at any point exposed to a loose nail. At your earliest convenience, we invite you to contact us via private message so we can hear about your stay in more detail. We want to assure you of the measures we are taking to improve the look and functionality of New York Hilton Midtown and invite you for a stay to experience the finished result.

NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
New York Hilton Midtown
Kellie Cahill
Director of Marketing

Been to New York Hilton Midtown? Share your experiences!