“Truly dreadful” 2 of 5 stars
Review of New York Hilton Midtown

Save Saved
You added New York Hilton Midtown to your Saves list
New York Hilton Midtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1335 Avenue of the Americas, 6th Avenue at 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast + Wifi Upgrade
Ranked #319 of 452 hotels in New York City
Madrid, Spain
“Truly dreadful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I have just stayed for two days during a business trip and I am still amazed at the state of the facilities in the hotel. Rooms are crying for a renovation in every possible aspect. They are in such bad condition that even the bathroom, let alone the carpet, managed to look positively unclean.

On top of that they even pretend to charge in order to have free wifi in the room, and that, despite a daily tariff close to 500 dollars without breakfast.

I have always been of the opinion that hotels in New York offer quite poor value for money but this hilton has comfortably set a new benchmark at the bottom of the scale.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

5,149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shenzhen, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

New york one night stay, I had expected it to be a clean room, bright and good smell, but I feel that it was a dark room, no smile, no people care about those guys from Worldwide like me. It is a cold hotel just taking your money, no good feeling, not comfortable. Why not improve your service like a little change? 1. put a wifi setting help list in the desk, 2. put a clean water of bottle in the desk 3. set bright light ....

Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Hilton due to location for a business visit. I thought it was just a large convention-style hotel and while it is large, service was good, rooms were large and quiet. Gym is excellent. Only problem is that the check in process was VERY slow and cumbersome.

Canandaigua, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Hotel is clean, friendly Staff, excellent location! Secure in the evening. Bellmen to Bar Servicers make you feel right at home. From the start to finish our stay was excellent, highly recommend, we will be back!

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I got in pretty early and my room wasn't ready but the clerk told me they would text me when my room was ready and that he would place me in a king room on the 44th near my colleague.

No text.

9:45PM I get back to the hotel from the office. The lady checking me in was rude. They placed me on the 31st in a queen room. I asked if there was any king available and she offered me a room with 2 doubles!? By the time that was all straightened out it was 10:02 and the bag check was closed. The bell captain was called to get my bag and he was going to meet me there. 5 minutes later no bell capt. The desk called again and they met me after another 5 minute wait. Then he had to go get security to open the room. Why would they meet me without a key? Couldn't find bag until I pointed it out. There were after all 10 bags in the room.

45 minutes to check in after a long day doesn't make for a happy customer. I'm staying at the older Manhattan East location next week. It's smaller but have a great staff that actually cares about its guests.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Perfectly placed within walking distance of lots of sights and Times square.Round the corner from the Subway if you want to go further afield. I'm afraid we found it a little disappointing after staying at other Hilton's. The staff were rather standoffish and the room was a little small. Still good quality furnishings though and very clean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The New York Hilton Midtown is a big intercity hotel located centrally just between the park and Time Square. Because of its size, the reception reminded me of some of the big properties in Las Vegas but the difference in service is noticeable. I arrived - there was no line for check-in. 4 were at the concierge, one receptionist helping a customer, and the rest of the area empty with one receptionist chatting to someone in the office. It took a while (1-2 minutes) to notice that I was waiting. I had checked in on line but she still had to process my keys. By comparison, my recent stays at Homewood suites (also Hilton branded) had my keys ready and I only needed to provide my ID and Credit Card. I asked if upgrades were available - "No". Difficult to believe but how would you know. I had to ask about breakfast - "Oh - you have a choice of continental breakfast or 1,000 points".

When I arrive on the 44th floor, the hallways were clean, well decorated in light grey, and very quiet. My room was clean although small by American standards. I tried to turn on the light by the bed and ended up having to pull the bed away from the wall to find the unplugged lamp. Small thing but when you are in a dark room and can't get the lights on - annoying.

My breakfast voucher was for takeaway of a medium drink and one pastry. Not impressed I sat for the breakfast buffet and paid $65 for pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, pineapple, orange juice, and coffee. Typical Hilton breakfast (no al-a-carte available).

Room Tip: North facing rooms at the higher level have view of Central Park - very uninspiring.