We stayed at this hotel for the final three nights of our honeymoon. Excellent hotel on the whole. We stayed in the 44th floor in the Executive rooms. This gave us access to the lounge on the ground floor. This meant you had access to a continental breakfast in the morning, cookies and drinks throughout the day and light snacks in the evening. It wasn't that much more expensive and I highly recommend purchasing this option.
The champagne and chocolates on arrival for our honeymoon was a lovely addition - thank you.
There are three minor issues I have with the room:
1) On the executive floor there are no tea/coffee facilities. The lounge closes at 11pm so what happens if you want a hot drink after this?
2) No complimentary Wi-Fi. We stayed in several big chain hotels during our three week holiday across USA. All, except Hilton, offered free Wi-Fi. Why not? You can access it in the lobby. This is something Hilton as a brand need to address as it was the same situation in another Hilton we stayed in.
3) We needed to store our luggage on the final day as late checkout was unavailable after 1pm (very busy hotel). They charge $3.50 per case! I have never paid to hold luggage anywhere in the world. Most bizarre, I think it's operated by an external company.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated international hotel designed for both the business and leisure traveler, the New York Hilton Midtown is located in the midst of New York City’s business headquarters and media centers, conveniently near Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, and the Museum of Modern Art, just one block from Fifth Avenue shopping, and a short stroll to Times Square, Broadway theatres, Central Park, and many more cultural attractions for which New York is famous. Equipped with modern conveniences to meet all your business and travel needs, the hotel features extensive facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tingo, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your New York Hilton Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton New York Hotel New York City
- Hilton New York City
- New York Hilton
- New York City Hilton