“Average massive hotel but excellent location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of New York Hilton Midtown

You added New York Hilton Midtown to your Saves list
New York Hilton Midtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1335 Avenue of the Americas, 6th Avenue at 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Winter Rates from $179
Ranked #328 of 459 Hotels in New York City
BsAs
“Average massive hotel but excellent location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton for the NYC marathon in November 2013. I've stayed there before and its location is very good. Since it's a massive hotel you can spend a couple of minutes waiting for the elevator and there are lot -I mean lots- of people wandering around the lobby at all times.
What I didn't expect is that they only have a restaurant -which is totally renovated and with modern nice design- for breakfast. If you want to have lunch or dinner the only choice you have at the hotel is Herb N' Kitchen which is a self- service (find of grab and go) cafeteria. Have have packed sandwiches and salads and pizza; yoghurts, cakes and fruits. Too modern for me, but it kind of worked.

Room Tip: As I stayed in a basic room from the marathon travel partner I didn't choose my room... and I di...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for visiting during the New York Marathon. During this time we indeed have a number of people in house as we host the Marathon. While Herb n' kitchen is an option for dining there is also the Lobby Lounge with service. Thank you for staying with us.

Nycnh_DS@hilton.com
Director of Marketing
Kellie Cahill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,027)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

If that option existed, my rating would be of 3.5/5; however, having to choose between 3 and 4, I went for 3. The hotel, located in the heart of NYC’s midtown, is huge (c. 2,000 rooms). On the positive side, its excellent location near the shopping district and several major tourist attractions; on the negative side, the room itself, which was quite tarnished and had a very small bath. All in all, we appreciated being granted a late check-out (3h30 PM), something that in these days you normally don’t get even when the hotel would be able to offer it. Besides, taking into account that we stayed on a busy week-end (NYC marathon), the staff was in general (and housekeeping in particular) always friendly and attentive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your review of the hotel and we appreciate your business. The hotel appreciates it's feedback from its guest and shares with the staff. A private message has been sent to you to research the room number. Glad to hear that the location worked and that your housekeeping staff was friendly. Do visit in the near future.

NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
Kellie Cahill
Director of Marketing
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here for four nights and it was the location of the property that I liked the most. The rooms were slightly smaller than what I had expected but the location of hotel compensated for that. The hotel serves a nice buffet breakfast and is very accessible to the metro station and major attractions in Manhattan.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the hotel and appreciate that you selected us. The hotel loves hearing about guest experiences and values each one that is shared. We look forward to your next visit.

Guisborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed as a family of four from the 26 October for five nights. The hotel was close to all of the sights. We were a 10 minute walk from Central Park, Times Square and the Rockefeller building. The lobby was big enough to not feel crowded even though a lot of people did make use of the free wifi, my children included. The coffee shop was ok to grab a drink or there was a Starbucks across the street. We tried a coiple of deli's for breakfast and thought the Europa Bar was the better one.
The room was an ok size, to be honest it was bigger thsn I expected given the location. It was clean and not too noisy. Housekeeping kept the toiletries stocked up although they hadn't been used just moved.
We loved the Halloween pumpkins, we voted but left before the results were announced. Overall we were happy with the hotel and the location and would stay again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your most recent stay with the hotel. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the location and that it served your visit well. We appreciate the feedback in your review. Thanks for voting on our pumpkins. The winner was Mike from the Monsters Inc. movie.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Very nice and comfortable. If you like staying at city center, this willl be a nice choose. you can go each part of New York easily. Breakfast is nice. Service quality is also nice. Recommend everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the New York Hilton. We appreciate that we were a great location for your stay. Appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit again. Glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and happy to hear.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed for five nights over marathon weekend, although I didn't realize that when I booked. The location is superb. MoMA is on the next block. Lincoln Center is a easy bus ride up 6th Ave on the M5 or M7. Check-in was fast and easy, as was check-out. The room was on the small side, but okay for New York.

The new Herb 'n Kitchen on the lobby level opened at 6 for coffee, pastries, juices and is a great addition. As a Hilton Gold member, I got a coupon for free items each morning of my stay and also got free wifi in the room, which I appreciated. There are Starbucks across the street and a block or two north and south, so that's an easy alternative. Within two blocks on 6th Ave. you can also get good take-out and snacks at Klein's grocery, Duane Reade, and Chipotle.

I knocked down the overall rating only because the décor is so pedestrian and the amenities relatively thin -- no coffee maker in the room, e.g. It's been many years since I stayed at this hotel, but I will definitely stay here again next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of the hotel and your most recent stay. We appreciate your comments relative to your stay at the hotel. Thank you for using our new restaurant Herb N' Kitchen. We truly appreciate your patronage and look forward to your visits in the future.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The hotel is lovely and clean but a staff person is constantly asking if you want to join their club every time you pass by one of their stations. It is rather annoying. Also, would you believe it, they have taken the coffee makers out of the rooms so, if you want coffee in the morning, you have to get dressed, go down stairs, wait in line and pay for your coffee, Also, the breakfast is VERY expensive, $45.00 for a full buffet breakfast.

All things considered, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your stay and will address the timeshare team as well. We appreciate the hotel feedback and will share with our team.

1335 Avenue of the Americas I New York, NY 10019 I USA

Been to New York Hilton Midtown? Share your experiences!