“Fantastic location!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of New York Hilton Midtown

You added New York Hilton Midtown to your Saves list
New York Hilton Midtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1335 Avenue of the Americas, 6th Avenue at 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Winter Rates from $179
Ranked #328 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic location!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We spent 9 nights in New York and to be honest after booking and then reading other reviews, I was quite unsure about my decision to stay at this hotel. When we arrived however, I knew I had made the right decision!

The Hilton Midtown is in a FANTASTIC location - 5 minutes from Times Square, 5 minutes from Central Park and another 5 minutes from 5th Avenue shopping. While the rooms are a little outdated (still stuck in the 70's) the beds are extremely comfortable!

You don't get WiFi in the rooms (which isn't convenient) and there isn't seating in the lobby, unless you sit in the cafe with a one drink minimum and use the WiFi there, the location makes you forget about all of this.

New York is amazing and if I ever go back I will definitely stay here again, no doubt!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of the hotel. Thank you also for choosing to stay with us for 9 nights. Glad that the location worked for you. The hotel has wifi in the guestrooms so I am unsure if there was an issue. Look forward to reaching out to you privately to address. Thank you again.

NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
212 261-5966
Kellie Cahill, CMP
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,026)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tukwila, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Let me just say that if this hotel charged $89 a night, for example, I would give them a better rating - but they don't. My rate for this stay of 4 nights is $327 per night. For this price I have a clean, averaged size room (2 queen sized beds), a tiny but clean bathroom - and that's it. Would sir care to have Wifi? That will be an extra $15 per night unless sir is willing to forgo housekeeping services. Is breakfast free? whahahaha, umm, no. A sign on the revolving door mentioned something about a complimentary upgrade that would include free breakfast for Hilton Honors members, but I must not be honorable enough to qualify for that. Fridge? Coffee maker? Gold plated toilet to justify the room cost? No, no, and no.

Let's talk about the bathroom. When I say that it is tiny I mean that the toilet is mounted next to the sink and turned at an angle so that a person has room to sit down. My shoulders still touch the sink on one side and the wall on the other, and I am not a giant person. Also, the ceiling paint in the bathroom was peeling like crazy, and I had to have the maintenance guy replace the light switch in the bathroom because I could hear electricity sizzling loudly and the lights blinked and would not stay on when I used the switch.

The lobby is impressive. The bar is often either dead or too packed to sit down. I didn't try the restaurant because the little cafeteria thing is ridiculously expensive. ProTip - walk out the front door and look for a bagel cart. The food tastes better and is much cheaper. The Halal carts also make an excellent rice and chicken for very cheap. The location is a short walk from Time Square, 30 rock, the Museum of Modern Art, etc.

So, am I a huge cheapskate who is having sticker shock at big city prices? Yes, absolutely. I still maintain that for this much money per night there should be more.

Room Tip: Get the room with 2 queen sized beds even if you don't need them. Other people in my group got t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand you were disappointed in the value of your stay in accordance with the comfort and appointment of your guestroom. I apologize we were not able to meet and exceed your expectations and assure you we will use your comments to do so moving forward as guest feedback is incredibly important to us. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality hotel experience you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The staff at the hotel were helpful and moved us with no problem when we wanted a room on a higher floor.
Although the queue to check in at reception was long, once this process is over we never really used the reception again. The concierge were very helpful.
I liked the Herb Kitchen cafe to buy snacks at and the breakfast at the hotel was great and very tasty. Someone cooks fresh eggs each morning, made in front of you, to your taste.
The rooms themselves are very big, modern, comfortable and clean. We had a quiet room as well, but could still see the street which was great.
Although the hotel is extremely big, you somehow do not feel the size, especially when you are in the room - its very quiet and if you need any extra towels etc they are brought up almost immediately.
The location of the hotel is fantastic, 5 minute walk to Times Square, right next to subway stations and a 5 minute walk to 5th Avenue. Its about a 15 minute walk to the Empire State Building/Macy's!!!
Overall the hotel experience was fantastic, you will not go wrong with this hotel!!!!!

Room Tip: If you want a really quiet room choose a higher floor. Also don't go for the "street view&q...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of your most recent stay. We are thriled that we were a great location for your stay. Look forward to welcoming you again.

Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I love the changes that have been made to the lobby since our last visit. They have gotten rid of starbucks and added an excutive lounge that offers a great continental breakfast to honors members. The new restaurant is also nice as well. Service was good and as always this is an amazing location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your most recent review of the hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed the changes and the updates. There are more to come. Please consider us again in the future for your next stay.

NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
New York Hilton Hotel
Kellie Cahill, Director of Sales and Marketing
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Hilton's consistently offer top-notch properties and value for your dollar. I have not in the past made this Hilton my preferred stop when in Manhattan but I think that will change. Room was clean and well-kept. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. This has a great location and the price was fantastic for a weekend stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Mark,

Thank you for your review of the hotel and the positive feedback you had on your stay. The team appreciates hearing that you were pleased. Please come back and visit with us in the near future.

farmingdale, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed at this Hilton for my son's 11th birthday. For such a large property, they should really have more receptionists checking guests in, or perhaps even installing a self check-in kiosk. The room was fine- some small details that I noticed that made the property seem a bit tired, like peeling wallpaper, a hair dryer that was broken, etc. housekeeping was very quick in replacing it once I phoned. Would I stay here again? I don't know. I hate crowds and just the sheer amount of people in the lobby was a bit overwhelming.

Location is the main reason to stay here- absolutely great! Close to Fifth Avenue, FAO Schwarz, Rockefeller Center, etc.

Room Tip: Try to stay on lower floors. Waiting for an elevator for a higher floor takes a while.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the New York Hilton. We appreciate that we had a great location for your stay and hope that in the future we can satisfy your needs for your next visit. The hotel has reached out to you privately to inquire about some of your concerns so we can address the room that you stayed in and improve.

t: +1 212 586 7000I e: NYCNH_DS@Hilton.com
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in NYC over the years but when all is said and done, you cannot beat the location and buzz of the New York Hilton on Avenue of the Americas. It's a couple blocks from...Central Park, Times Square, the Theater District, the Museum of Modern Art, the shops on 5th Avenue, Rockefeller Center and more. You are a 1-5 minute walk from many of the must-see's in NYC. The hotel is a solid (not luxury) hotel but one thing I love is the energy and hub-bub in the lobby. You know you are in NYC. PS: Also, love the nail spa next to the hotel on 54th (New York Nails).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the hotel and appreciate the fact that we were a great location for your stay. Happy also to hear that the hotel was a solid option for your visit.

t: +1 212 586 7000 e: NYCNH_DS@Hilton.com

Been to New York Hilton Midtown? Share your experiences!