“poor service/dirty rooms but good location.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of New York Hilton Midtown

You added New York Hilton Midtown to your Saves list
New York Hilton Midtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1335 Avenue of the Americas, 6th Avenue at 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Winter Rates from $179
Ranked #328 of 458 Hotels in New York City
San Francisco, California
“poor service/dirty rooms but good location.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hilton Midtown is in a good location but I much prefer the London Hotel a block away. Check-in (even in the Gold HH line) took nearly 30 minutes in the early afternoon as only 4 people behind the desk. The sheets on my bed were stained upon arrival with a lot of hair in the shower. I called down for housekeeping redo while I went to meetings and the shower was cleaned but during the entire 3 night stay the stained sheets were never replaced despite repeated requests. Room on 13th floor still had tremendous amount of street noise so would recommend staying at a much higher floor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the city and we apologize for the service and housekeeping problems you encountered. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and know our guests deserve better. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards moving forward and we hope you will give us a second chance to impress if you return our area in the future.

Kellie Cahill
New York Hilton
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,023)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've been staying in many hotels in NYC and I can tell that I had this week an awful experience at the Hitlon Midtown.
First I arrived late 11.30 PM and had to wait about 20 minutes at the front desk before getting a room. During this waiting time I did not receive any information if there was any issue with my prebooked room. Then I made it to the room and noticed that it was not the appropriate one as it cam with 2 queen size bed instead of one King size as requested.

I had to change it and lost again 20 minutes !

I discovered that the mini bar was closed and they evene did not asked if I requested the key, then the in-room menu was really poor and finally the room was old and the window was really not clean (I may understand that).

On the next morning I felt tjhat the person in charge of the check-out was really unfriendly to me and did not consider my opinion at all.

The only good point is the concierge service that was really helpful and made my day much better than my night.

I would never stay there again!

Bryce,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We regret to hear about your disappointment during your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered at check-in and with your original room not matching what you reserved.
Our goal is to have each guest have an enjoyable stay and I am sorry we let you down. We are continuously striving to provide the best service to our guests and to enhance the overall experience. I hope that if travels bring you back to New York City, you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the service you have come to expect from the Hilton family.

Best Regards,

Kellie Cahill, NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
New York Hilton Midtown
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Midtown in NYC and loved it. Location is perfectly allocoated and close to all wonderful restaurants and sites! Service was very nice. Although the rooms are a little dated, they were clean and comfortable. It's a very busy hotel and wonderful people watching. The Starbucks coffee shop was a plus! As a gold member, you also are provided with free breakfast gift certificates which is nice. I would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in a prime location and tour the city venues.

Room Tip: Don't have any tips at this time.
Green Features: They are definately a green friendlly hotel. The reuse of your towels, notes that can be left on bed for sheet changing when needed, etc... :)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of the hotel and your loyatly to our brand as an Honors member. We value your customers. Glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to see some of our enhacements.

t: +1 212 586 7000 e: NYCNH_DS@Hilton.com
Santa Monica, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed in room 3551, and I could hear everything the couple next door was up to. They are not throwing a party or anything, just going about their business. The sound proof is very poor.
Don't know if this is room specific or hotel wide.
Other aspects are fine about this hotel, great location and relatively cheap.

• Stayed September 2013
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your email and we are sorry that the sound was challenging for your stay. Thank you so much for the feedback. We look forward to the next visit to New York City.

West Chester, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Good location for tourists and business meetings. Great service. Good restaurant for breakfast, the omelets are very food. Very nice shoppes, especially the jewelry store. There are always reasonable sales. I always check it out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the New York Hilton. The hotel was pleased to have been the choice for your stay. Glad you enjoyed the omelettes and that you were able to shop in the stores.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

i had a rare chance to come to do business and to go to the US Open.

the corporate guys chose this hotel. i had been here about a decade ago.

i appreciated the midtown location. very opportune. also the hotel was nice. a bit cramped.

the service was nice but the hotel seemed overwhelmed. there were two conventions and a ton of foreigners. by that i mean a lot of visitors. with these crowds, the hotel truly seemed overwhelmed.

we spent little time there. slept and woke up and went about our business.

overall, the location is the key point here. as for the ambience, there is little. it is a business hotel. as for the service it was ok. as for the price, again ok. would i recommend it for someone visiting New York, not really. New York has so many great hotel venues, i would tell them to select something else. if the purpose is simply to come in and use this as your base for going around New York, then this hotel will do just fine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Glad to hear you were able to come to the city and enjoy the US Open. It is a great time to travel to New York City. Nice to see that the location suited your travels.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This large modern hotel is really well located for visitors - walkable to Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park and 5th Ave and works well but has a few shortcomings. The main one being no coffee making facilities in the room. The hotel should realise that guests from Europe wake early and it really is annoying to have to dress and go down for a coffee to bring back. Had an Executive room with lounge access which was fine but very crowded for breakfast and when it says a 'healthy breakfast' they mean absolutely nothing hot except toast! Overall a good hotel for visitors if location is important.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Appreciate your review of the hotel and glad to hear we were a good location for your stay. Sorry to hear that during your stay it was a bit crowded. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

t: +1 212 586 7000 e: NYCNH_DS@Hilton.com

Been to New York Hilton Midtown? Share your experiences!