“Poor” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cielo Club

Cielo Club
18 Little West 12th St, New York City, NY (Manhattan)
212 645 5700
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #278 of 785 Nightlife in New York City
Type: Dance Club/ Discos, Clubs
3 attraction reviews
“Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

As we all know NYC has no electronic music scene so you won't be surprised if I tell you this club somehow fits in.

They play mostly house music, some RNB stuff, folks are either groups or first daters (first shy, then really drunk).

Drinks are expensive, tiny and really made of very cheap alcohol and coke out of the tube.

We got in as a couple for less than advertised (no idea why, the bouncer liked us) even though the middle-aged group before as had to pay a cover charge of 300 USD to even get in.

So it seems this place is overhyped as it's inexplicable why it's so expensive although they neither play good sound nor have half-way decent drinks or people that attend the club.

All-in-all I won't go to Cielo again and as this is supposed to be the best electronic club in NYC... I feel really bad for all those people who basically can't experience a great nightlife with awesome music.

I'd rather stay at home listening to an essential mix than have such a poor experience.

Visited April 2012

Easley, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
“Great Sound, not crowded, expensive drinks....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I had a great time at Cielo on Monday night of this week. We found out about Cielo from their website while in town. There was a flyer online for a free admission. We paid $2 at Kinkos to print out the flyers instead of the $15 cover for each of us to enter. For the first hour the club was open drinks were free. I tipped well and the bartenders seemed to have remembered that when I ordered my drinks. I drink crown on the rocks when out. They filled it to the top.

The music that night was awesome and the sound system is great. This club is really set up for sound. You can sit at the table and talk to someone but once you hit the dance floor only a few feet away the music is nice and loud but clear as a bell.

This may be a place I will return to as long as I can go on a weeknight when there is no line like most people talk about.

Remember to check online to see if there are any specials for free cover. It is worth the try!!!

Visited March 2012
Brooklyn, New York
11 attraction reviews
“nice club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

i've been to cielo many times over the years and this is one of my favourite clubs. It's not too big, nice sound system and dance floor, and not pretentious. The ambience of the room is great, hip and not overdone. For house music fans, one of the best nights to check out is the legendary wednesday's Roots night with Louie Vega and Kevin Hedge. Francois K also has a weekly residency there.

Visited July 2011
New York City, New York
“We always have a blast here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

There are tons of places to go dance in NYC but for some reason every time I come to Cielo I have a blast. The door staff is nice and friendly, the coat check is reasonably priced, the bar staff is nice and the drinks are not watered down. The whole vibe of the place attracts a friendly crowd who is looking to have a good time, talk, laugh and just meet cool people.

If you're a smoker there is an outdoor heated area and even if you're not a smoker it's a place you can take a moment to sit, relax and get away from the music for a bit.

I've never seen a fight or even an argument break out here. I would recommend this place wholeheartedly!

Visited November 2011
Miami, Florida
17 attraction reviews
“If you're into electronic music, you will get disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

This is the only club in NY that claims to be an electronic music club, but you will get diappointed. The Cielo crowd is mainstream, and they don't seem to care much about dancing. It's sad to admit, but NY doesn't have an electronic music scene. If you're looking for good DJs and a fun dancefloor in the US, go to Miami instead.

Visited October 2011