I just recently spent one week here with a traveling buddy of mine. I found the Seafarer's to be perfect. We paid $133 per night CAD for a room with two beds, fridge and private washroom. I agonized over where to stay for months and in the end chose Seafarer's.
We are two senior ladies but we are thrifty as well as being concerned for our safety. We had no problems at all walking and enjoying this area of NYC. We enjoyed the fact it was close to the subway as well lots of shopping in the area.
Our room was cleaned during the week but not on the weekend which their website states. We brought along an extra towel as well as disinfectant wipes so that we could manage. I did a laundry in the basement which cost $1.75 for the washer and the same for the dryer. Again brought along my own little packets of detergent.
The front desk staff was so friendly and helpful but of course it always helps if you are courteous in return. On our last day our shuttle Airlink to Newark was half an hour late but Leila was kind enough to phone them for us.
I would not hesitate to recommend Seafarer's to anyone wanting a no frills accommodation.
It was clean, safe and the staff very eager to please.
Thank you from two Canadians from Calgary, Alberta who enjoyed your City and Seafarer's very much!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Seafarers & International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seafarers And International House
- Seafarers & International House Hotel New York City
- Seafarers International Hotel
- Hotel Seafarers International