Seafarers has a lot to offer its guests. It is right near Union Square where they hold the famous Farmers Markets on Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat, and a huge variety of other stores, restaurants and cafes in the area. Walking distance to Greenwich Village, East Village, Flatiron Building, and Macy's.
Across the street is Irving Plaza where some great musicians continue to perform. Back in the late 70's it was a popular rock venue where the B52's, Talking Heads, and Ramones used to perform.
If you stand right outside Seafarers at night and look directly north you will have a stunning view in the distance of one of my most favourite landmarks in New York City - the magnificent Chrysler Building, glistening its all its glory.
Only a 2 minute walk to a major subway line 14th St (Union Square Station), easy walk even in the highest of heels. There is a supermarket "Food Emporium" diagonally across the road, if you want to pick up some goodies.
Rooms are comfortable and practical, with the convenience of having your own sink and mirror. Bathroom facilities are shared, which included separate shower and toilet. On my floor there were approximately 10 rooms, with 4 showers/toilets. I never had trouble waiting for a shower or a toilet.
Simply a very reasonable place to stay, in more ways than one.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Otel, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Seafarers & International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seafarers And International House
- Seafarers & International House Hotel New York City
- Seafarers International Hotel
- Hotel Seafarers International