I first stayed at the Seafarers & International House in 2010 and again in July 2012. During my most recent visit I shared a room with my brother and we stayed for four days and three nights. The management recently renovated the lobby and now it has a more modern feel to it. Although the guest house does not offer any breakfast on site, there are several coffee and tea options in the lobby.
• Wi-Fi access only in the lobby and the mezzanine
• No housekeeping while guests occupy the room
• The guest house is clean, quiet, and safe
• Unbeatable location
• Student discount ($86 per night)
• Rooms with 2 separate beds available (twin size bed and a comfortable camp bed)
• Two computers with printers in the mezzanine
• Luggage room available
• Onsite chapel and services
• Room revenue goes towards supporting port ministry
Note that some rooms do not have private shower and bathroom. However, there are two showers and bathrooms on each floor for the guests to share.
One of the greatest advantages is the location! The guest house is located on E 15th street which is a short walking distance from Union Square. There is a variety of stores and restaurants in the area such as Walgreens, Whole Foods, TGI Friday's, Starbucks, and many more. There is also a regal movie theater nearby with tickets costing around $13 for children and adults. In addition, the Union Square Subway station is on lines L-N-Q-R-4-5-6 and the 1-2-14D+A bus lines are in close proximity.
I loved both of my stays and will definitely be back!
- Also Known As:
- Seafarers & International House Hotel New York City
- Seafarers & International House Hotel
- Seafarers And International House
- Seafarers International Hotel
- Hotel Seafarers International
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Budget Places so you can book your Seafarers & International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.