“Great Hotel and Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters, opposite Rockefeller Center

You added Club Quarters, opposite Rockefeller Center to your Saves list
Club Quarters, opposite Rockefeller Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25 West 51st Street, off 5th Ave, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #203 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Vienna, Virginia
“Great Hotel and Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was here for business and this hotel was perfect. It was only 2 blocks from the event I was attending, but the rate and amenities were better than the hotel hosting the event. The view was nothing special, but the free water, free internet and a lounge with free snacks was nice. There is a restaurant in the hotel, but you have tons of options nearby as well. The room was not large, but it was spacious enough and very comfortable. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

My wife and I spent three nights at CQ for our 24-year anniversary celebration and were very impressed. Kudos to Sonny as he treated us with the utost of customer service. Even gave us a room that had a great view of Rockefeller Center. Other staff, like TJ, were very helpful...wanting to serve us in whatever needs we had. TJ served as our concierge recommending places for dinner and even placed reservations for us. He and his counterpart (sorry, don't remember his name) were of great assistance navigating the specific trains on the subway to get to WTC Museum. I even called him to get clarification of some directions while we were away from the hotel and he assisted without hesitation. We could walk to NBC Studios, FOX, Top of the Rock, Radio City, Times Square. Our room was clean and well kept. The smaller space was efficiently used and had everything we needed. We filled the free bottles full of water each day before we left for the backpack. The 7th floor club balcony has beautiful views of city - great for a glass of wine before dinner or show. There is not a grand entrance or lobby like some may anticipate or even want. But, that was not what we truly wanted or needed. Make this a place for you to stay while in the city. Highly recommend this hotel and will definitely book it again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of city
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend in the city following a conference. This hotel had pretty good reviews and the rate for the location was unbeatable, so we booked it. The location could not be better!! It is perfectly situated between 5th Avenue and Times Square. The room was small but we weren't going to Manhattan to stay in the hotel, so it was good for what we were using it for. The chilled bottled water was nice, but the water flow in the machine was a bit slow so don't fill your bottles as you're running out the door. There is a 24 hour drugstore practically next door which was really nice for late night snacks, drinks and forgotten essentials. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of power outlets on both sides of the bed, a rare find in a hotel room!! I would DEFINITELY stay here again as it is a great value for the excellent location!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed here Saturday through Monday. Good location. Close to restos and tourist attractions - Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, 5th Avenue, Central Park. Room was typical nyc room. If you want something a little larger I suggest the Standard Room vs the Club Room. If you would like a refrigerator for the room, just ask. Did find that the front desk Customer Service was lacking. Had to ask twice for the refrigerator to be brought to the room and when we asked about a subway closure and restaurants we were given incorrect information about the subway which we confirmed via the website. Also, the front desk said that if we wanted reservations made she would do this for us. So I contacted the front desk to do this and she said she would call me back. After not receivng a call back after 10 mins, I called the restaurant myself and made the reservation which had not been done by the front desk. We had a drink at the terrace club. Service was very slow however the waiter told us that all the parties that were seated at the time came in at once. Subway is a great way to get to Yankee stadium - buy the tickets via the Yankees website resale tickets (Tickets Exchange), not through StubHub. City Bikes are also great to get around the city. Used them to go to the 9/11 memorial. For Central Park bike riding, I suggest using Bike & Roll which is located at the south/west end of Central Park near Colombus circle. Don't get sucked in by all the other random people trying to get you to rent their bikes. These people are legit and have a station all set up. A little more $ I'm sure than the others but at least you know you are not getting scammed. Overall this hotel is a less expensive than some others so it meets the needs of just sleeping. Gym was lacking good equipment tho.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was really impressed with this hotel. We arrived in NYC around 10am and check-in wasn't until 3pm, however the staff were very accommodating and let us store our many bags in the interim, and they also gave us access to the gym area so we could freshen up for the day, even before we checked in.

Coming in from a long drive into town, it was nice to be greeted by SUPER friendly staff. They were like old friends, really personable and likeable, and I found this was the case with each and every person that worked there. You can tell that they take customer service very seriously, because everyone had the same pleasant attitude and were conversational and NICE! Really rare.

The location was superb. We were minutes away from everything we needed to see: restaurants, shopping, and all of the hot spots.

The room was great for two of us. I know the expectation is that all hotel rooms in NYC are ridiculously small, but this was nicely set up that size wasn't an issue. There was plenty of room to be comfortable, along with a desk, closet space, and room to unpack and move about. Yes, the washroom was small but nothing awkward.

Overall, this was a fabulous find! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

What a great experience!! The room was a great size since we had our son and needed a roll away bed. The service was exceptional - from the phone representatives to the front desk, breakfast attendants, etc. We had breakfast at the hotel one morning - there was a buffet ($17 per adult, $12 per child) that included scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes, whole grain pancakes, pork and turkey sausage as well as a full assortment of continental breakfast items. I can't say enough about the service! Location was excellent - right off of Rockefeller Center (I couldn't "see" it from my room) but it was directly around the corner. It was a great walk to both Central Park and Times Square. We only took the subway when we headed to the Statue of Liberty but we are walkers by nature. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view and you may be able to get a great view of Radio City Music Hall.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I enjoyed this hotel, it was my home away from home for nine days. Yes, the rooms are a bit small, but who stays in their hotel room when there is so much to do in NYC! One can always go up to The Terrace, it's the hotel restaurant. It has a great seating area on the terrace with snacks available when they aren't serving meals. The breeze up there is wonderful and relaxing.

My only complaint is about the maid service, they were never consistent and I found myself asking for towels, toilet paper, soap, consistently! It's as if the maids were never not keeping tabs on which rooms they had/had not serviced for the day. One day, my room had been serviced, but they had forgotten to take the used towels away! Even though the maid service was a slight inconvenience, it was tolerable b/c they were good about retrieving anything I needed.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms facing Rockerfeller Center get first hand sound of any outdoor concerts that the Today S...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Club Quarters, opposite Rockefeller Center? Share your experiences!