“Fantastic room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ivy Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ivy Terrace
You added Ivy Terrace to your Saves list
E. 58th street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #5 of 96 New York City B&B and Inns
“Fantastic room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Would thoroughly recommend, thou a bit of a walk to the hop on busses.
We had the ivy room, great size room, lovely sized balcony which we used one night to enjoy the complementary brandy nightcap. The breakfast provisions were great: heaps of yoghurt, breads, butter, cream cheese, peanut butter, juice, milk and heaps of apples/bananas. The steps are a little daunting at start to carry luggage to, but worth it for the rooms. Indian restaurant downstairs (the a not the c), was great.
We saw some other rooms and they all looked great as well
Definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The perfect stop for us coming from California on our way to Switzerland. The Greenwich Room was large, VERY clean and had everything we wanted. Bed very comfortable, the coffee and breakfast items were perfect and room was quiet. Jeff was very accomodating with our early arrival and late departure. I had stayed in Times Square for a few weeks during Super Storm Sandy and did not want to be in a big hotel again. This will be the place we return to when we come visit NYC it is a gem! Thank you Jeff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ft lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I visited NYC this past month and chose to stay at Ivy Terrace B&B. What a great choice I had made. From the moment I made my reservations I could not have felt more comfortable. I spoke with Vinessa who promptly suggested the best suite for my long stay and before we ended the conversation I felt like I knew her a lifetime. I arrived after a full day in the airport and was so happy to see the Waverly Room exactly as was described to me, actually it was even nicer and moire comfortable than I had expected. The furnishings were so comforatable and I felt a real sense of peace in spite of the fact that I was in the Big Apple...I had some business meetings during my stay and added some vacation time to my trip. I have been to NYC many times but I have to say that Ivy Terrace was one of the best places I have ever stayed, maybe even the best...I can only say good things about Ivy Terrace, Vinessa was wonderful, Jeff the on site manager was great and very accommodating and the Ivy Terrace itself was just the best. I will always stay at Ivy Terrace when I visit NYC. Thank you

Room Tip: They are all very special. If you like the outside the Ivy Suite and Rose rooms have terraces. The o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We loved our two-night stay in the Greenwich Room during a February snowstorm, and will definitely return. Very comfortable, surprisingly large room and bathroom for a Manhattan B&B. Loved the location - easy walk to the museums, Central Park, etc. and the neighborhood was relatively quiet other than rush hour and felt safe. We were out most of the time and didn't use much of the breakfast food provided (eggs, english muffins, oatmeal, cereal, OJ), instead walking a few blocks to the Madison (1st Ave and 53rd st), which is awesome. We arrived very early, racing out of Boston to beat a major snowstorm and they kindly allowed us to check in quite a bit early, which made our first day much better than it would have been otherwise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
South Salem, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

What a find! Stay here! Comfortable. Reasonable. No hassle.

Breakfast food (eggs, English muffins, too-sweet cold cereal) in the fridge.
Near EVERYTHING.

Parking lost nearby are expensive, but hey, it's NYC.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very helpful service especially with last minute travel plan changes, Ivy Terrace staff are very accommodating. Good location - close to the luxury shopping and to Central Park, close to the subway too. The apartment is clean and well-equipped with the essential commodities: cooking facilities, TV, shower/bath. Good size for individual traveler or couple. Relaxing atmosphere, quiet environment, and hassle-free experience. Recommended stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WDC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Older building of spacious rooms tucked into a commercial block of restaurants and stores but mostly quiet at night - we were there Sat & Sun. Not sure why we did not see any "breakfast items" in the frig or cupboards - both were bare, but the Moonstruck Diner at the corner of 2nd and 58th offered a cheap but good b-fast. Also enjoyed fine Indian dining at Dawat a few doors west of Ivy Terrace. Plenty of restaurants along Second Ave; short walk to a huge food market under the Ed Koch/59th St bridge; major subway line at Lexington Ave, and an easy walk to 5th Ave/Central Park. Easy stroll to the 59th St tram on Second Ave to Roosevelt Island: great views as you go over the East River; check out the spectacular new FDR memorial a 10-minute walk south of the island's tram station. Only 2 suggestions to owner: 1. fix the front door so it locks automatically. At least half of the time we entered the building without needing the key pad because the door was slightly ajar. A clear security concern, even on a relatively safe block in a relatively safe neighborhood. 2. Consider adding pulldown window shades on 58th St side, as the drapes do not offer complete relief from bright morning sun. Overall, would we stay again? Yes.

Room Tip: Street noise is not a major issue but is evident on 58th St side of the house.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
wkdwtch, Owner at Ivy Terrace, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to review your stay with us at Ivy Terrace B&B. It seems your stay was positive, but less than perfect and for that I apologize. We do offer breakfast with our room rate, as is evidenced by may of our reviews. However, we offered you a 25% off seasonal discount which did not include breakfast. If you look back at the confirmation you will see that this was the special rate that you chose. That was the only reason coffee and teas were all you had in your room. We would have happily explained that, or offered breakfast at our regular rate had you let us know of your concern. I am so glad you mentioned all the great things there are to do in our area. The 59th street tram to Roosevelt Island offers a great birds eye view of the city. Also we have splendid restaurants on our block, including the world famous Felidia, which is really a treat. Our front door is made of wood and swells sometimes in humidity which is why we ask all our guests, and post a note, to make sure the door is shut when they go out for the day. It does lock automatically. Our neighborhood is very safe, but I understand that this caused you concern. I seems we need to stress this even more to guests upon arrival, which we will do. We are happy to hear that you would stay with us again, and look forward to seeing you next time!

Been to Ivy Terrace? Share your experiences!