“Food and service excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Morimoto

Morimoto
88 10th Ave, New York City, NY 10011-4721 (Chelsea)
212-989-8883
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Morimoto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: A, C, E at 14th Street. L at 8th Ave.
Oslo, Norway
“Food and service excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My expectations were high, but this resturant delivered. The vibe and atmosphere is not the best, or the tables at upper right side, but the food is excellent! We had some misunderstanding with one of our orderes and the head waiter apologized and removed it from our bill. Excellent service and the dessert (matcha tiramisu) was divine! Pork dublings as starter was memorable aswell! Will return this this oustanding resturant.

• Turkish first
Lucedale, Ms
“Sushi & A Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I am a huge Iron Chef fan so I was very excited to eat here. Wasn't let down at all! We sat at the sushi bar & enjoyed the chefs preparing the bar & sushi while we ate. Great success! Would love to go back. If you are a fan, definitely put this on your foodie tour of NYC!

Houston, Texas
“Worth every penny!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Dined with my husband and two teenagers during our recent trip to NY. The adults chose the chef's tasting menu ($135pp). I figured if I'm only going to eat here once, we were going to do it properly. All I can say is WOW. We had 7 courses. The first course I could have eaten 7 times over. A tuna belly pate of sorts with various accompaniments. We had a beautiful scallop served in a 'nest' of sorts that was definitely the best scallop I've ever had. The sushi course was beautiful, exceptionally fresh. The main course was a lobster and steak. The lobster was slightly overflavored for me after eating so many fresh courses. Everything was unique and beautifully presented. The taste of a few of them just blew me away. Everything I expected of this place. The service was wonderful. The ambience was fabulous as well. I would say I would have opt'd out of the dessert course if I did this again. I'm not a huge Asian dessert fan. Would have preferred a repeat of the first course myself :)

All in all it was a wonderful dining experience that I hope to do again!

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Brilliant food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Morimoto was my first experience with Japanese cuisine and it was amazing! The restaurant is beautiful and the lighting is so cool(yeah cool). We were a party of four that was placed in a small room next to the "real" dining room, which was a shame, but we survived. We had a three course meal all of us and some of the dishes are made at table side. I have been to fine dining restaurants before, but Morimoto raised the bar.

The service was great, however, our waiter tried a bit too much to be polite like it was a performance. We left happy and full, and we'll definitely come back.

Miami, Florida
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This restaurant is really excellent. First of all, the decorations are splendid and staff are great. The food is very good. I advise the tuna tartare or the tuna pizza. For the meal one of the fishes or a meat. The deserts are very good also, I took the chocolate passion fruit desert who was excelent. I recommend this restaurant to all, reservations are highly recommended.