“Tasty American Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Heartland Brewery

Heartland Brewery
350 5th Ave, Empire State Building, New York City, NY 10118 (Manhattan)
(212) 563-3433
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Heartland Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,324 of 11,771 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Description: New York City's most famous landmark, the Empire State Building, now houses New York's number one brewery, a two-story 450-seat Heartland equipped with two large bars and four giant flat-screen TV's. Our full-service restaurant breathes new life into an area overrun with fast food chains. More than just a watering hole with great beer, we offer both visitors and locals excellent food and a feeling of home that only Heartland can offer.
lincolnshire
“Tasty American Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Friendly staff, fantastic chicken and pulled pork burgers. Fries were amazing and it was all 'proper' american food. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Austin, Texas
“One of my must hit spots in NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I don't understand the reviews that say the food is bad here?? I have yet to have a bad meal here and every time I am here it is absolutely packed. That being said, while I do like the food I come in for the beer. If you like good beer, drop in and have a drink(s)!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
stratford-on-avon
“Nice atmosphere, shame about food!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

On a recent trip to NYC this was by far the worst food we had, I had a steak which was so tough I could not cut it, when I did manage to get a piece off it was impossible to chew, so sent it back, server was apologetic and asked if I wanted another, I went for the chicken stir fry instead.

Overall, regarding our visit, no one was impressed with the food at all - the beer was the best part!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Good beer but mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Quality and variety of beer are excellent. Food however is uninspiring and doesn't compliment great beers. At these prices I expect the food to be spectacular. The main feature of pulled pork sandwich I had was the fact that is was spicy. It also had hard pieces of overlooked crusty meat. Fries were saggy.
I guess this explains why we were seated right away on Thanksgiving weekend Saturday. If then place had a reputation for good food it would've been packed.

Visited November 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was visiting New York alone and staying in W32nd Street. Looking for somewhere to eat I came across this pub/restaurant. It was perfect. Cosy, inviting, and unintimidating for a woman alone. A wonderful selection of craft beers makes it even better. I would definitely eat here again. Right next to the Empire State Building and yet not overpriced. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere