“Good food, fair prices, pretty loud” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Havana Central

Havana Central
151 West 46th Street, between 6th & 7th ave, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)
+1 212-398-7440
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Central is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #608 of 11,181 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th & 7th
Transit: N,R,W trains at 49th St B,D,F,V trains at 47-50th St's N,Q,R,S,W,1,2,3,7 trains at Time Square
Description: Havana Central evokes the 1950s golden era of Cuba, capturing Havana’s heyday as the world’s most tantalizing playground. Through its festive ambiance, vibrant décor and mouth-watering food, dining at Havana Central is like taking a mini vacation. Executive Chef Stanley Licairac’s traditional dishes like Vaca Frita, Ropa Vieja and Arroz con Pollo are an unmistakable celebration of Cuban cuisine. The cocktail list includes the best Mojitos and Sangrias in New York; the wine list is filled with Latin American favorites. Havana Central Times Square opened in 2005, followed by Havana Central Upper West Side in 2007. Hours and menus vary by location.
“Good food, fair prices, pretty loud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Very yummy food! Service was good! There was live music, and the volume of the music combined with the guests chatting was quite loud! Would go back again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

new york
“Solid reliable choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've dined here a handful of times, and I've never had a bad meal. I particularly enjoyed the ropa vieja with the rice and beans that come with it. I ordered a mojito on my last visit, and it was pretty average.... a little too sugary.

Service is good, but each time I come here it's quite busy and loud. If you don't mind that, then this is a centrally located place to eat right off of Time Sqaure.

Visited June 2013
VA
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful meal here starting with their excellent homemade empanadas and thoroughly enjoyed everything. The sangria prepared at table was the best we ever had.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, CA
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Traditional food was excellent. I especially liked the tortas and the various rice dishes. The churros for dessert were fantastic!

Visited June 2013
Brentwood, California
“Cuban Cuisine at Its Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I can never ever be disappointed with this place! This restaurant has mastered what Caribbean cuisine is all about.

I was back in NYC again and my norm is to hit the restaurant. This time I invited several of my colleagues. I was a little nervous because these peeps are food critics. Upon getting to the restaurant comments were starting to fly. I finally said, " Look! give it a chance.. and if you dont like it, I'll pay for dinner..Did that just come out of my mouth? Holly Sh&#! But, I knew that my place would rock! To make a long story short.... They're still talking about the restaurant! They loved it and actually went back without me... Yeah, I knew it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere