“Great staff made stay special” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   206 East 52nd Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Advance Purchase Discount
Ranked #119 of 453 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Trophy Club, Texas
“Great staff made stay special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the HGI during our anniversary trip to NY. I had the staff informed about our special occasion and they bent over backwards to make our stay memorable. We received a room with a nice view and had, as Hilton HHonors members, a nice welcome present in our room. Special kudos to one of the concierges, Eddie. He was always helpful and gave us some great advices. The room was nice and clean, the hotel is pretty new. Great breakfast buffet. Only small setback: They have only two elevators, but 26 floors.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I am a Hilton Diamond member and I stay at Hilton properties every week. The staff at this location is wonderful - and I mean every single staff member. I have had good experiences at Hilton properties before but these people go out of their way to do everything possible to make your stay here a pleasant experience. Rooms are really clean and modern, the lobby and bar is nice, location is excellent. Not sure what could be improved.

I will go out of my way to stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Get a high floor if possible.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Everything was clean and in good working order. The staff was wonderful, very pleasant and always helpful. We stayed for eight days and felt very at home here. Most places we visited were within a 20 minute walk of the hotel, but for anything farther, we either took the subway or a taxi. We will definitely be staying here again on our next trip. Very happy.
We flew into La Guardia and flew out of JFK. This hotel is almost smack in between.

Room Tip: We heard that New York hotel rooms were small, but we had 2 beds and our room was plenty big.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Straight to the point. I feel like the staff was totally aware of a glitch in the room doors which caused my room to be burglarized. My
Straight to the point...I feel like the staff knew of a glitch in the (lack of) closing of my room doors. My 16th floor room was burglarized. My friend and I lost some very valuable things, purses,wallet,jewelry,photos etc...The timing was perfect as we stepped out to grab a bite to eat for approximately 3 hours. Not only was my room vandalized but there was another poor victim on the 19th floor. We were in town for an American Girl store experience for our 9 year old girls. After numerous visits from dectives, police& various hotel managers some of my items were found in the staircase one floor down. There was alot of cover up going on as far as viewing the camera footage, checking employees lockers and giving me the real deal. My experience was ruined but I maintained my composure for the sake of the kids who would have been very afraid if we mentioned this disaster. I am a Hilton Honors member who paid a pretty penny for that holiday weekend stay. I was offered a stay at the Courtyard
Marriott but declined due to my loyalty & past positive Hilton Brand
stays. Not sure what to think now as I wait on Hilton to complete protocol.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Lowell B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for sharing your concerns. We worked to respond quickly and effectively to this situation. We are in full communication and cooperation with the local authorities, our risk management team and our customers. Our Manager on Duty remains avaialable and in contact with our guests. We take this sort of matter very seriuosly and will continue to focus on the safety and security of our guests. I can be reached at any time for further assistance at lowell.beebe-center@hilton.com
Thank you again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am so glad we chose this newer property for our recent visit to NYC. The room was spotless, the lobby was small but lively, and the staff was really focused on providing friendly, efficient service.

The location is a bit off the tourist path, but the subway is a block away and cabs are plentiful so if you're ok with a bit of walking, it's totally worth staying here.

Every time we were in the lobby one of the staff was greeting us, asking how we were doing, offering assistance, or just making small talk. I really feel they were all extremely attentive. On the last morning of our stay, they even sent an email soliciting feedback focused on any particular member of the staff we'd like to call out (I need to be better about writing down names of great people, apparently). They were all excellent.

The room was typically NYC-small, but still roomy enough for 3 people to function and place luggage and not feel cramped. And it was clean, and shiny new, and well maintained.

I really can't say anything negative about this visit to this hotel, and am so glad I chose it for this trip.

I hadn't stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn in a while, but this visit makes me want to come back for more.

Room Tip: We did not pay for the "city view", but the view was adequate...the building we faced was...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were very happy with our stay and would stay here again. It's a very clean and modern hotel. We arrived late and the restaurant was close to closing but they seated us anyway and we were able to order and eat without being rushed. The food we ordered was tasty and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Gaithersburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a great hotel, especially because of the exceptional service. Every person we encountered went above and beyond to help us and made our stay a very pleasant one. The room was clean and a decent size by NYC standards. It is located around the corner from the subway and an easy walk to many sites in midtown. Beautiful "pocket park" around the corner (Greenacre) with a waterfall and seating.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East? Share your experiences!