“Do I really need to review it?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nobu 57

Nobu 57
40 W 57th St, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)
+1 212-757-3000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu 57 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #221 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 5th and 6th Avenues
Transit: F to 57th Street Station
Description: The first uptown New York location by legendary chef Nobu Matsuhisa, opened to much anticipation in the summer of 2005. Nobu's co-owners are his longtime partners: renowned restaurateur Drew Nieporent, Oscar-winning actor Robert De Niro, and producer Meir Teper. The restaurant showcases Nobu's signature New Style Japanese cuisine with classic dishes such as Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno and Black Cod Miso, and new creations from the wood burning oven and the hibachi table.
Jeddah
“Do I really need to review it?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went in without reservation, of course we couldn't be seated except at the bar. That was fine cause we were 2. The bar tender was very attentive and made up drinks for us that were not on the menu and they were so good. Food, the fish raw or cooked was so yummy and fresh. The spicy tuna roll were so fresh and light. We had to order another order. I love the decor and atmosphere it is a nice place. I would recommend it highly.

• Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Classy, yet casual, Nobu 57 seals the deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Having dined at all the Nobu locations in NYC, I have to say... I prefer Nobu 57 the most! Nobu in TriBeCa will always have a special place in my heart, but this might just be my new go-to!

For starters, the location is definitely more accessible than Nobu in TriBeCa.

The vibe I get from Nobu 57 upon entering is light and almost quirky, almost as if Nobu 57 is the cute and bold little sister of the original. It kind of is, in that sense! It is still a classy restaurant, don't get me wrong. The decor is lovely, accentuated with warm colors and tones.

The food is what you would expect from Nobu, delicious in every way. Though there was not much of a menu variation change; for lunch, I would recommend the bento box sets! You get a taste of Chef Matsuhisa's signature dishes (both hot and cold). Yum. For dessert, we tried the shaved ice, which was a lovely palate cleanser and quite refreshing.

The service is on par, and the only way I can describe it is... casual yet dignified. There is no pressure while dining at Nobu 57, and you really do get to sit back, relax, and enjoy the food.

Loved it here!
Can't wait to go back!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakville, Canada
“Worth every cent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

One of my favorite restaurants in NYC and the world. Try their Tuna with cilantro sauce. Let the server suggest and enjoy.

Visited September 2013
London
“Nice food, shame about the service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We've been to Nobu's around the world and over time the service dies seem to be getting worse as the restaurant's arrogance grows. Nobu 57 hit rock bottom with an argument over our reservation on arrival, where our confirmed booking was lost. They then found us a table. This was followed by a totally disinterested and inattentive waiter. Nice food but when you are selling a total experience, every detail counts. There is a very good sushi place on 55th street at 10% of the price. Does make you wonder? Watch out Nobu. People may not be rushing back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wicklow, Ireland
“Beautiful food and excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Yes it was an expensive meal. But every dish was worth it! Every bite was mind blowing experience. If you ever get the change to try NOBU at any location, just do it, set aside all your doubts. It was probably the best restaurant meal our fmaily had and it was my daughter's 18th nirthday. It was such a privilege to dine at NOBU 57.

• Visited June 2014