“Best meal we ate in NYC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Centrico - CLOSED

Centrico
211 W Broadway, New York City, NY 10013 (TriBeCa)
(212) 431-0700
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Franklin Street
Transit: 1 train to Franklin Street (at West Broadway), A & E trains to Canal Street.
Description: Presenting a fresh take on regional Mexican cuisine, Centrico is a unique concept from renowned restaurateur Drew Nieporent, combining Mexican cooking traditions with American flair and modern technique. Overlooking West Broadway and Franklin Street, with a wrap-around terrace inviting you to enjoy the views, Centrico's original menu has been specially created by Chef Aar��n Sanchez, Nieporent's partner for this venture. Also a cookbook author and television presenter, Aar��n is no stranger to innovation in the kitchen. The rich seasonal ingredients are ideal for showcasing the gastronomic highlights of his homeland, ranging from the Cochinita Pibil (Slow Roasted Suckling Pig) from Yucat��n to the torta de mariscos (Seafood Frittata) from Veracruz. The lively and welcoming atmosphere throughout Centrico is the perfect accompaniment to the menu, enhanced by the bright decor and Mayan-inspired mural. Designed by Pulice-Williams, the design echoes traditional Tribeca architecture, featuring wall-to-wall windows and a 15-foot high ceiling. The large hammered zinc bar offers hand-crafted cocktails and several margaritas, whilst the open kitchen allows you to watch the young chef prepare your meal.
Nellysford, VA
“Best meal we ate in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Fabulous avacado dip, following by create appetizer, well-cooked salmon, and superlative desserts. Service was great. Directly across the street from subway. Near World Trade Center.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ceiba, Puerto Rico
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Was pretty good, nice latin feel with good latin music

Visited November 2011
Tequesta, Florida
“WOW real Mexican food in New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Since I'm from Southern California and my family has a Mexican heritage I have been exposed to many fine examples of "TRUE" Mexican food. I detest the typical Mexican restaurant where the food is slathered with cheap cheese and really has a bland taste. CENTRICO is the REAL DEAL!
Each dish we had was true to it's roots in Mexico.
Pollo con Mole was as authentic as I have ever had in the U.S.
Our host was thrilled with our compliments on his fine restaurant.
The service was good and our group of 5 really enjoyed a great meal.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Disappointed in Chelsea”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Very diappointed with both food and service at Aaron Sanchez's establishment. I was so looking forward to having a nice dining experience. What I've come to realize is this. The more saturated a chef is on television, the quality of his or her food is likely to suffer. The food itself was flat and not full of flavor. Service felt rushed.

Visited November 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Worth the wait - Food and atmosphere hit a home run”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I went to this restaurant with my husband a couple of friends. It was a Saturday evening and I made reservations a few weeks in advance. When I arrived, the table was not ready and we had to wait nearly a half hour for our table and that was with reservations. That was the only annoying part of our visit. The rest of the visit was top notch. I have family recipes for Mexican food so it is difficult for me to go to a place and enjoy an entire meal at a Mexican restaurant. Centrico was definitely the exception. This meal started with the guacamole which was so delicious I was scraping the bottom of the molcajete. The chips were freshly made as in right before they bring them to your table. They were hot and still had a touch of the fryer grease on them. We also ordered the tres salsa with chips. If you are adverse to heat, have someone else try these. They ranged from hot to “your butt will be on fire” if you eat this. They were extremely flavorful, but high on the heat scale. When we went to order our entrees they were out of rice which seemed so strange to not make it through your dinner crowd with a staple of Mexican sides. For the entrees our table ordered the Pato en Manchamanteles which was a duck cooked medium with a chili sauce and vegetables, the Birria al Estilo Jalisco which was a large portion of short ribs that melted in my husband’s mouth and the black beans and Queso Fundido without the chorizo. No one left hungry and no one sent a single item back. We all agreed we wished we could have started the meal over again. After telling the server how great the meal was and commenting on the guacamole, she offered the opportunity to buy the Chef’s cookbook which was for sale and autographed. She said that it had recipes in the book featured in this restaurant. I purchased this book and when she brought it to me, it wasn’t autographed, but she gave me a photo of the chef that was and said I could place it inside. After looking through the book, not one of the recipes that were on the menu that evening was in the book. Nevertheless, I am sure the recipes inside will be great, but I gave it to a friend as a gift. Don’t miss this Tribeca experience. I am counting the moments until I can return. Make reservations and think about attending early on a weeknight to avoid waits and missing sides.

• Visited October 2011