“quite unique...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Near Financial District

You added Comfort Inn Near Financial District to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Near Financial District
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   154 Madison Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #166 of 458 Hotels in New York City
New york
“quite unique...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was quite shocked - pleasantly so - to see a hotel in this area which wasn't far from where I grew up because it was always residential. We stayed here for a one night to attend a funeral and would stay again. The rooms are small but very nicely done, clean and well appointed and the price piint is excellent. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful which I always see as a major plus. The only issues we had were that the handicap room we had for mom was at the corner of the building and there wasn't any heat source in the bathroom which made it quite cold (our other rooms were fine) and the free breakfast is slated to begin at 6:30 am but they were just setting up when we arrived at 6:35 am so we really didnt get to enjoy much before we had to leave. Its only open four months so I'm hoping that will get a bit more organized as time goes on. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Queen bedded rooms in center of hotel
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015

I came to NYC to celebrate 2015 New year and a friends' 21st birthday. Best deal in NYC and best General Management. Room was great, breakfast was great and staff was professional, especially the general manager. General Manager helped with a major billing problem and resolved it without any problem...I felt like this management is out to serves his customers. Hidden Gem.

Room Tip: Ask for the General manager, he can set you up with the best deal...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

Stayed here for 5 nights in January, 2015. Hotel employees at the front desk were all very nice and friendly especially the night auditor - Bridgette. She was very accommodating and welcoming. The hotel itself was well located close to the subway "F" train that got us allover (except the first day) when we got lost and had to get a cab back to the hotel. The hotel room itself was very very small even by New York standards, I would not recommend a family to stay here with kids. The rooms were modern, beds were comfortable but there was no microwave and fridge. It is okay for a single person or a couple but as I stated earlier this is not a room If you have kids.

Now as far as the maid service goes, that is a different story. For three of the five nights we were here the room was not cleaned appropriately. One thing or the other was not done or missing and I brought this to the attention of the staff at the front desk who did take action to their extent but the same behavior was repeated for the rest of our nights there. The manager - Roman did address the issue, but his resolution to the problem/inconvenience in my opinion was not appropriate. He offered me a late check out after I informed him that we were leaving early in the AM; a late check out was not going to do me any good.

The other issue was with our neighbors, for four of the five nights of our stay they would be outrageously loud banging and slamming things and would not stop until after I would call the front desk and they would address the issue. I understand that the hotel cannot be held responsible for these inconsiderate morons but I do question as to why did they rent a room to a group of over eight people (yes I did personally count 8) in this size of a room.

I am not an unreasonable or spiteful person, the hotel gives you a good bang for your buck and I will recommend this hotel to anyone except if you have kids.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

Really nice hotel! Fairly new, tastefully decorated. The location is far enough from the hustle and bustle, yet the "F" train will put you in Herald Square in minutes. I liked the quiet neighborhood and that I could easily walk to Chinatown, in one direction, and SoHo in another. The staff was GREAT!! Thanks to Jenny, Lorinny, Torell, Benny, and the rest of the staff. You were very knowledgable and professional! The rooms are tiny, but adequate. Breakfast was really nice. The price was reasonable too. Hope to see you again soon!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

My stay there was great, the bed was very comfortable. Good heat and hot water... I must say the staff was great especially the front desk representative "Sharmalee".
It's in a perfect location, one block away from the F train in the Financial district.
Enjoy the beautiful view of the Manhattan and the Brooklyn bridges.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

We stayed for 5 nights over the Thanksgiving holiday. It was economical and not as much as you would pay for other hotel rooms in NYC. However, the rooms were really small. But they were clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay there. Our main downside was the breakfast room. There was usually nowhere to sit. Every seat was taken when we went down. We had to wait until someone left. Also, whenever we would lift the cover off to get bacon and scrambled eggs, it was always empty, and we had to wait for the cook to bring out more. Not good!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

Travelled to NYC over the Christmas Holidays, arriving on the 25th for 4 nights... Access to the hotel using the F train was great (1 block walking) and the breakfast and rooms were what we expected....both positive. We did encounter some issues during our stay that were dealt with in a manner to which we were satisfied. Had these issues not occurred I am most certain that the overall rating for the hotel would be higher.

A new hotel with a good location, that definitely needs some fine tuning on the operational side of things.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Near Financial District? Share your experiences!