Our guaranteed reservation was dishonored. No apology, no regrets, no suggestion the problem was due to unforeseen circumstances; yes, we were expected to honor our side of the guaranteed reservation, yes we were given a “walking letter” and directions to go “down the street.” Down the street we found the satisfactory CassaNY Hotel and Residences. The helpful CassaNY staff explained we owed them no payment as CassaNY and Holiday Inn would settle charges between themselves. How much would we pay that night if we booked direct with CassaNY? $100 less than Holiday Inn was billing us. Did Holiday Inn volunteer to provide us with a $100 credit? No. Now, I’m not a financier, but isn’t this what they call “arbitrage?” “taking advantage of a price difference... the profit being the difference between the market prices.” (Wikipedia). If Holiday Inn can make $100 without providing a hotel room, wouldn’t it want to overbook as much as possible? Perhaps our case was an isolated incident. I would be interested in comments from others. P.S., CassaNY rooms are very small but quite stylish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue Hotel. Built in 2005, the hotel features include complimentary American breakfast, free in-room wireless high-speed internet access and free local phone calls.The Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue is a brand new modern, twenty-two story high rise hotel centrally located within close proximity to numerous restaurants, museums, 5th Ave shopping and the following attractions: Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Station, Empire State Building, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Bryant Park, Radio City Music Hall, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Broadway Theatre District and the Jacob Javits Convention Center. We are also a short cab ride away from Madison Square Garden, Macy's, Lord and Taylor, American Girl, the Modern Museum of Art, NYU, FIT, and the Chelsea Piers. Stay with us if you are in town to see the Today Show which is right up the street from us, as is the David Letterman Show and Good Morning America. Visit New York City, and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Ave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Ave Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Manhattan