“the most terrible accomodation ever!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Broadway Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Broadway Rooms
You added Broadway Rooms to your Saves list
337 West 55th Street, (between 8th and 9th Avenue), New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #56 of 87 New York City B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“the most terrible accomodation ever!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

i didnt sleep for 3 days!!! Everything else except the location is terrible!!!
i have traveled in many many countries, stayed even in the cheapest hostel in cairo but i have never experienced sth like that!
we choose the hostel last minite so we didnt have many options but we payed 70$ per person and we saw some good reviews, so i tought would be decent. Everything was dirty, tiny rooms, not even a brace to put a jacket, old and dirty bathrooms, no pillows nο bedsheets, the beds creak, the floor creak, the doors and the windows creak.....i could mention much more but i get angry even when i think about it! PLEASE AVOID IT!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

i think this is the best value in town... plus the best location.. very quiet and the staff was very helpful..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Binningen, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

You won't find another cheap Hotel or Hostel with such a great Location!! Times Square is just a 10 minutes walk away, and the next Subway station (Columbus Circle) is pretty close.
The Staff is awesome, they are so helpful and really know what to do and where to find things in New York! The Building is quite old, but decorated and furnished with much love, and they clean up everything day. The kitchen and lobby are good to hang around and meet other travellers.
I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Its not the first time im staying in a hostel and i really liked this one.
This place has a very friendly and helpful staff and the location is just great!!! Only 5 minutes walking distance to times square, 5th avenue, central park or the subway station.
The rooms are clean and very creative themed.
There is even a commune kitchen and microwave you can use!!! Awesome!

• Stayed January 2012
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

After being unable to extend my stay in a more expensive studio aprtment in W28th Street, I stayed at Broadway Rooms for 2 nights in a private room during November 2011. Only paid $100 per night and 55th Street location was good. While the rooms are quite old, this is covered up by the Boadway show themed artwork. Found the place fairly quiet and staff at front desk quite friendly. Private room even had a mini refrigerator which is handy if you have some chilled drinks.
Down side was that the shared bath/shower could have done with a more regular clean - typical of bathroom facilities in a hostel type facility. Also, the very large bed was without legs, so you are practically sleeping on the ground and lifting your head straight up to watch television, and the pillow was pretty much dead flat.

Lastly, I did notice a mouse trap on the ground and a mouse hole in the wall behind the bed. Didn't see or hear anything until the last day when I starting packing and noticed that something had eaten into my bag of chocolates which was in my open suitcase on the floor (room had no elevated place or stand to put my suitcase on). Since I didn't see any mouse, I thought, oh well and packed the suitcase. When I got to my Boston Hotel that same night, to my surprise, a little mouse jumped out of my suitcase. Seems he or she had decided to come along with me. If you are going to save some money on NYC accommodations and stay at Broadway Rooms, then do not leave any evidence of food around in your room and keep your suitcase closed at all times.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

It's very special hostel with interesting rooms. It's cleaniness is fine. u can walk to time square from here and not too noisy. I tkink the price is little higher than what u get.

• Stayed October 2011
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

This was my first time staying in a hostel and as I was on my own in New York City I was naturally feeling nervous! I booked a 7 people shared dorm and before I confirmed this I called the hostel directly and spoke to a lovely lady who assured me that the price quoted was what I was going to pay and did include taxes.

I arrived slightly later than I said I was going too, due to a mix up with my pick up, but this was fine. Upon check in I had to sign a disclaimer that had a list of house rules and that if I checked out any later than 11am they would keep my $20 key deposit.

As I was in a dorm and not a private room, he hostel was actually a block away. A nice man walked me around and showed me to my room which was spacious, set out over 2 floors and had a kitchen and a bathroom. Everything was clean and I was provided with a clean towel and a clean set of bed sheets.

The location was a huge plus and was the reason I booked the hostel. It was 4 blocks from Central Park and Columbus Circle which provides great links to the rest of the city, and only 10 or so blocks from Times Square. I felt incredibly safe and was lucky enough to be sharing a room with some lovely people.

The only downside was the price. I paid $85 a night and ended up sleeping on a sofa bed, which happened to be so uncomfortable and gave me horrible back pain, while the person next to me had a double 4 poster bed! Hardly seems far when we were paying the same but I can't complain as I hardly spent anytime there.

If I were to return to NYC I would most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo