“Unbeatable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York

You added Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1033 Avenue of the Americas, New York City, NY 10018 (Garment District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #122 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Durham, North Carolina
“Unbeatable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We use rewards points to stay, but we like this location because it is so convenient to everything, whether by subway or on foot. You can't beat the breakfast, and the price is right (free). Ask for a room high up, preferably one that overlooks Bryant Park. You may hear some construction noise, but all of NYC is like that these days. Only complaint is the cramped bathroom.

Ashley D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hello ajgeek65,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel! I am happy you took advantage of the central location of walking and the New York subway system. I agree the breakfast buffet is the best deal in town! Let me know next time you are back in the city so we can get you another high up room with a view of Bryant Park!

Ashley Deichert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here with my 2 children, ages 10 and 8, for an extended weekend getaway to New York City. This was their first time in NYC, so convenience was key. This property made us feel at home from the start, The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was surprisingly spacious for NYC, and featured a full size fridge, range, and a microwave with countertop and sink. Our room was a king room, so my daughter and I took it, and my son used the sofabed. Breakfast is included each morning, and saved us $ each day. The selections were good and we were able to find enough to satisfy even the picky eater that came along. Best of all was the location: Magnificant. Our room had a birds eye view of Bryant Park, and we walked across the street to the park each day to enjoy the daily performances and just the spring ambiance. Just a couple of blocks will get you to Times Square as well. Walking the opposite direction will put you at Herald Square and great shopping. Staying here made for an enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hello rtpbutterfly,

I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Time Square. I agree that location is key when choosing a hotel and this hotel has it!!!! Also, great to hear that the complimentary breakfast buffet was able to meet everyone's needs. We hope to see you again!!

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Reserving a room in New York City is like grabbing the "surprise" bag at department store, You never know what you'll get. I was so pleasantly surprised by every aspect of this hotel. Let me preface this by saying I spend a lot of time in different hotels for my work and this, by far, was my most comfortable stay. The service was outstanding both in pleasantries and accommodation. Check in wasn't until 4:00 p.m. but Damien diligently searched for an open room at noon for us, and we didn't get the "bottom of the barrel". The room was exceptional in comfort (the bed was incredible), in cleanliness (I felt like I had been the first guest to use the room) and practicality. The kitchenette was perfect, the view breathtaking and the space was something I've never had in my 30 visits to New York City.

Lastly, the breakfast (which was included in the price) was far better than a breakfast for which I may have paid. The selection and presentation was top notch and the attentiveness of the support staff really blew me away.

Due to having a credit card that gives me Starwood points, it's been a long time since I've stayed at a Marriott property but this has reminded me of the quality of this hotel chain and the Residence Inn Times Square is my only hotel whenever I go to NYC!

Room Tip: Always stay as high as you can in NYC to avoid the night time noise. The corner room on the 30th fl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Judi_A_16 ,

Thank you for you wonderful review of our property. I am so happy to hear that the accommodations were outstanding and you got to enjoy our hot buffet breakfast. I will be sure to compliment Damien for choosing a great room for your stay. Next time you are coming into New York again please let me know so we can get you another beautiful room!!

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Just spent a weekend with the girls here and this hotel was a great choice. It's near Times Square but not IN it which I appreciated since we wanted to cover all areas of Manhattan and didn't want the noise/hustle and bustle. The rooms were fairly large for NY city hotels and the largest rooms are in order those ending in 05, followed by those ending in 01, 02, 09 and 12 on floors 32 thru 34. Then those ending in 01, 02 11 and 12 on floors 4 thru 31. We were in an 02 room and had a king bed, comfy sleeper sofa, small bath and nice granite countered kitchen with three windows - looking up and down Ave of Americas. I didn't go anywhere else in the hotel but the room and the lobby, which had a small market, but I'm told the breakfast was a full-one and very good. All in all a safe, clean, updated, well-located hotel with a comparatively large room. We got a really good price but it can vary significantly from a real bargain to very expensive.....

Room Tip: see review
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear PatienceWonderful,

I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel. This location is also my favorite making everything so accessible to get to in New York City. The 02 rooms are also one of my favorites since they have the nice views of Bryant Park. Next time you visit we will have to keep you in the same room! We look forward to seeing you again!

West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I usually wait until I'm home to write a review, but I feel confident my mind will not change about this hotel. The location is PERFECT! Centrally located to "everything". The rooms are very comfortable...I happen to have a stunning view of the Empire State Bldg. Full size fridge & microwave which come in handy. By NY standards, the room is huge!
The breakfast is served from 6:30-9:30. Very nice selection of foods...something for everyone. The staff is both friendly & professional. This is the ideal place too stay for business or pleasure.
I read many reviews for this hotel (almost every one was positive), I can only agree and I highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hello Shotzee,

Thank you for you "perfect" review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the view in the room along with the spacious kitchen and appliances. It is a great location for a hotel and happy it worked out for you. Please let me know next time you are staying with us to make sure we get you another great view of the Empire State Building.
mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is an excellent option to visit New York, took a cab from LaGuardia and it took 15 minutes to the hotel. Check in was fast and the staff was warm and friendly. If you know Residence Inn don´t doubt to go to this hotel, you have the free breakfast, free wifi, kitchen with all you need. There is a deli store in the corner with everything you need for your stay and also prepared food to take out. It is not located in Times Square but for me that is a plus because you can avoid the crowds and it is within walking distance. Nearby you have Bryant Park and the subway station (best way to move in NY, walking if you´re fit and weather permits is also great). Empire State is 5 blocks south from our room we had a great view of it. Buy your tickets online and if you want to visit at peak hours it is convenient to buy the express pass but if you visit early 9.00 a.m. save the money you´ll be at the observation deck in no time. Staff in this hotel is great, always with a smile and ready to help the guests with any question.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ashley D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hello AHS68,

Thank you for your great reviews at the Residence Inn Time Square. I am happy to hear you had a pleasant check-in and got to enjoy our complimentary amenities. I am happy that you found the central location great for your traveling needs. Please let me know net time you come back and we can set you up for another great attraction!

Guest Relations Manager
Gurgaon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Residence Inn Times Square is an excellent option to explore New York. The rooms are of decent size from NY standards. The location is superb, just five minutes walk from Times Square and close a large no of eating places. The room has a small kitchennet for cooking / heating stuff, if you are so inclined or have babies with you. The service was crisp but don't expect a personalised service as this is a large hotel. They close the breakfast buffet sharp at the time mentioned (10 AM, I guess) so don't be late or you will miss your breakfast.

Overall , I would recommend this especially if you are travelling with family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ashley D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for you response about your recent stay with us. I am happy your family enjoyed the location and the spacious hotel rooms. Please let me know next time you come stay with us we will make sure to get you in one of the same rooms! Have a great day!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York? Share your experiences!