“Continues to be our favorite NYC hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1033 Avenue of the Americas, New York City, NY 10018 (Garment District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #95 of 451 hotels in New York City
North Carolina
“Continues to be our favorite NYC hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We've just returned from a winter weekend in NYC, staying at the Residence Inn Times Square for the fifth time. Each time, we ask ourselves why we would ever stay anywhere else. We continue to be amazed at the personal service offered by everyone from the front desk to the breakfast workers. Everyone greets us with a smile and genuine eagerness to make our stay a positive experience. This time, we were pleased to be able to stay in a Skyline City View Room (3106) with a beautiful view of the Empire State Building. The rooms are spacious, complete with a large kitchen area. The location is walking distance to the Times Square area and the theatre district. We love being able to print our airline boarding passes from the front lobby computer. Special thanks to Andre and the front desk crew who always treat us warmly. We look forward to returning again in the near future!

Room Tip: The rooms ending in "06" have a great view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Meredith77:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. It's so nice to hear you had such a nice visit and that our hotel continues to be your favorite hotel in New York City! I'll be sure to share your kind words with our staff, especially Andre. Please be sure to let me know the next time you’ll be visiting us.

1,450 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a very busy hotel in the center of New York City. The rooms are adequate and fairly comfortable.

Breakfast is included but is very chaotic (as one would expect). If you show up during the peak breakfast area, seating is limited and you often find yourself cleaning up someone else's mess just to have a table. (You bus your own garbage, but you realize how many inconsiderate people there are there!) The breakfast is simple but substantial.

The staff is unremarkable: not overly friendly or accommodating....but not rude.

Overall, it's just a hotel in the big city.....a bed to sleep in and a quick breakfast.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor...even with closed windows you'll hear street noise (but higher is quiete...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Optoko:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for potential visitors. I'm glad you and your family had a comfortable stay while visiting New York City.

Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just finished a three-night stay at this Residence Inn as part of a weekend family get-away to New York. I was very, very pleased with the hotel. You get what you would expect from a Residence Inn. Which, to be clear, I was happy with - but it wasn't anything special nor was it worn around the edges. But I'm giving the hotel an excellent review not because the hotel is a 5-star, luxurious hotel but because the hotel staff really ended up making the hotel more luxurious and welcoming than any other hotels where I have stayed.

The valet, the front desk staff, the housekeeping, and the buffet staff were just friendly, plain and simple, and helpful. Housekeeping loaded our dishwasher for us and started the dishwasher, though I didn't expect them too. The buffet staff clears your table for you; they don't at other hotels of this type where I've stayed.

As others have stated, the hotel is well-located for most touristy things in NY: Times Square, museums, Bryant Park and the Public Library, etc. Also like others have said, the breakfast is much better than you typically get in hotels like this.

Good job, Residence Inn!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear travelerboy:

Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel for potential visitors. It's so nice to hear you and your family had such an excellent stay. I'm so glad we were able to exceed your expectations.

I'll be sure to share your kind words with our staff. I hope you'll consider staying with us again the next time your travel plans bring you to New York City.

Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

First time at this hotel, stayed one night.

Was given an upgrade to a corner room on check in - rooms that end in 01 have side and front windows, and a great view down Ave/Americas. Room was good sized, bath was small. The door intruded into the room, I kept hitting it because it was in the way - this bath should have sliding doors for sure. Other than that room was clean, sizeable, and well appointed with fridge and microwave. Also - for being right in Midtown - this room was very quiet

As others have mentioned - breakfast was a feast - typical Residence Inn fare - was good.

Elevators were quick - no issue. Fitness room was disappointing - for a hotel this size it was really small and had good cardio equipment, but next to no weights or machines. Need an upgrade here.

One last thing - prices in the bar were crazy - even by NY standards.

One great thing about this hotel is the location. It really is convenient to things that you can walk to - and the subway is about a 3 minute walk away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear RobBflo1:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for potential visitors. I'm glad to hear we were able to meet your travel needs and you found our location conveniently located in Midtown. I hope you'll stay with us the next time business brings you to New York City.

St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed with four adults (yes, four) in a studio with two double beds. While the 320 sq. ft. was a bit worrisome, the room layout actually worked for us. As others have mentioned, the bathroom is small but with the kitchenette area, we had another sink option and a "dressing area." We each brought one of those folding camping chairs to wait for the parade, which turned out to be very helpful in the room as there are only two small chairs for the table and one comfortable chair (no sofa).

The staff was very helpful and we didn't encounter a lot of trouble with the elevators or the breakfast buffet...and it was Thanksgiving weekend. If you can handle New York, you can handle these facilities. Location was great for lots of walking. Gabby O'Hara's Irish Pub right around the corner was a nice respite for a relaxing atmosphere and good food.

Definitely ask for a room on the 20th floor or higher if you're sensitive to noise. The first room they gave us was very dark, so we asked for another one and were happy with it. The room was pretty clean, but the carpeting needs to be replaced. Actually, it wouldn't hurt to update the walls, either.

The hotel was on the parade route this year. There were some barricades in front of the hotel, which helped to secure your own space. We got down there around 6:00 am, took turns for breakfast, etc., and folded up our chairs at 9:45 am when the parade came into view. Overall, a great experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher-level room (20th floor +). Rooms are a bit dark, so check out your room before movi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear St._Louie:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I'm so glad to hear you and your friends had such a great experience staying with us. I hope you enjoyed the parade and the beautiful weather!

Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Good value. Good location. Free Internet. Not pretentious. Probably one the better alternatives in that price category.

I have been visiting NYC yearly since 1988 and this was probably the best value hotel I ever stayed in. It is not luxury and it doesn't pretend to be so either.

Room Tip: Pic a room facing the north side of the building and you get a nice view over Bryant Park!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Christer K:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and that you found value in staying with us. Thank you for posting a photo of the view from your room!

holmes beach, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

If you stayed in other hotels in NYC, you know the size of the suite was a treat and conventienly located and priced well. Great refrigerator and kitchenette. I have no complaints. Due to Hurricane Sandy, the Statue of Liberty and the Seaport were closed. Plenty of great shopping nearby.

Room Tip: We always enjoy a higher floor to get any view available.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mayrealtor:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for potential visitors. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and found our rooms comfortable and our location conveniently located. I hope you'll visit with us again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York? Share your experiences!