This was not my favorite Marriott Hotel. On the plus side, It has a great mid-town location on the corner of Lexington and 57, walking distance from major tourist attractions. The zen bathroom with double-size stall shower was fabulous. The bed and the linens were quite nice, which is standard for the Marriott. Now for the negative. My visit to the restaurant was a disaster. The service was both arrogant and incompetent - a particularly horrible combination. When I complained to Marriott management, they distanced themselves, telling me that they just leased the space to the restaurant and that they have had other complaints. Due to my complaint the restaurant manager called me and offered me a coupon for another visit. I declined, because who wants to waste a meal in NYC at a substandard restaurant? She insisted, took my address, and several months later has yet to send me the coupon. Adding insult to injury, as they say. The concierge lounge takes the minimalist approach to food, with a small plate of sliced fruit, a few muffins here, tiny pitchers of milk. A lady helping herself to some of the fruit worried there wouldn't be enough for other guests.
The decor may strike some as wacky. The hotel isn't consistent and doesn't have a decent restaurant, so it isn't great for business travel where you may arrive late and just want service. If you're staying here as a tourist it may be a better bet because of the proximity to the attractions and because you are less likely to use the restaurant or concierge lounge. For business travel I prefer the Marriott Eastside a few blocks away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This recently renovated, Manhattan boutique hotel has unveiled a completed couture masterpiece by award-winning designer Jordan Mozer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Marriott, Odigeo, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Renaissance New York Hotel 57 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance New York City
- Hotel 57 New York
- New York City Renaissance