We stayed at the renaissance 57 for one night. The staff were very polite and friendly, including person checking us in, valet, and just random staff throughout the hotel. We were able to check in about 2 hours early, which was a nice surprise. We had a pleasant conversation with one of the room attendants in the elevator. She seemed to be happy, joking around with us and such, which tells me this likely a good place to work! The valet is located inside the hotel, so we actually had to go in and figure out how to take care of our car. The room we were given was small, but had some great qualities, and made good use of the space. The room was elegantly designed and was modern. The bed had accent lighting (cool!) and was very comfortable as most Marriott properties. There was enough closet space to store two duffle bags (and more) and hang clothes as needed. The room came with an ironing board, iron, hair dryer and a safe, which was a pleasant surprise, as not all NYC hotels we have stayed in have had these items. The TV was large and worked flawlessly. The bathroom was quite large for NYC standards and again was nicely designed and modern. The sink is an above countertop sink made of stone with modern fixtures, which was nice and toilet is wall mounted with a very powerful push button flush. Bathroom floor was tiled nicely. Shower was similarly tiled nicely and the shower head was great with good pressure on the 8th floor. We didn't have a chance to check out the bar/restaurant area due to our short stay in the city, but we did walk by it a few times in the evening and it seemed like a chill place to hang. The bar area seemed to have a upscale club like feel, especially with the dance remix music that was being played, which is right up my alley. We didn't have a chance to check out the rooftop area, but we did hear good things. All in all, this gets 4 of 5. If the rooms were a tiny bit larger and the valet was located outside the hotel, as opposed to inside, this would have been a perfect stay. Given all that, I will definitely be back. The location is ideal (close to all the touristy places and shopping). The staff are the friendliest I have encountered on my 10+ stays in NYC, and the vibe of this hotel is exactly what I am looking for in a hotel stay. Highly recommend this place to young couples!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This recently renovated, Manhattan boutique hotel has unveiled a completed couture masterpiece by award-winning designer Jordan Mozer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance New York Hotel 57 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance New York City
- Hotel 57 New York
- New York City Renaissance