“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #280 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Sharon, Pennsylvania
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We just returned from our Anniversary weekend in your hotel. What a pleasant surprise! We booked on priceline and were given the "Cozy" room as a result, which we expected for the price. The bed was a double, but we were fine with the size of the room, as it is designed very functionally for 2 people.
We've always stayed in Times Square, but were thrilled with the location of Hotel 57, since we could walk to Central Park, Shopping on 5th or Park, and even to Times Square.
Danny, the Bell Hop/greeter was a breath of fresh air every time we saw him. He remembered us and gave us water upon arrival and departure. Had great local tips as well.
The only recommendation I'd have would be to give guests the protocol for picking up your vehicle when they arrive. We called when we were ready to check out, but it took 30 minutes rom notification to deliver our vehicle. Danny was smooth in helping ease our frustations with that though as well!
We had a blast and can't wait to return to your hotel. The rooftop bar had great views as well!

Room Tip: As always in NYC, higher is better...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

First of all, we were treated harshly to say the least, when they found out we had gotten a deal out of a third party. We were prepared to pay for an upgrade offered in the phone before but the person who received us was not that happy to do it. My friend got nothing even she was an elite member of Marriott they wont even allow her to get points.. Then after all that, come to a small room that have seen better days. I was aware we were getting a deal but I have been treated better in the HYATT, and other nicer hotels. And to end it all, I got a ticket when the valet parking people park my car in the spot next to the loading area on the street, just before driving out of New York.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
RenaissanceNYHotel57, General Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel 57, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I truly appreciate the detailed review. The experience you described surly does not meet our standards and I am sorry for your frustration. Partners like yourself help us improve every day as we share the feedback.
We hope to welcome you back to demonstrate the qualities of the Renaissance hotel that you expected. If I can ever personally assist you with your next visit please feel free to contact me directly at manny.rappenecker@marriott.com.
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

stayed at this hotel for 4 nights end of August, I was there for business.
The staff are AMAZING, the hotels is GREAT.
Rooms are a little small but practical, amenities are AVEDA, Awesome!
I shall never hesitate where to Stay in NY again.
Thanks to all the Staff

Room Tip: Don't forget to visit the roof top bar if it is open, it is great
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

stay in a lot of marriotts as they are usually of a high quality -however, this one did not meet up to my expectations. Room was tiny and dark.
location is good though
Try Christies the pub not far away - terrific place

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance with my mother after booking the hotel through a discount website. Of course I knew I wouldn't get an updated room but we were a little shocked at how small our room was! It was clean and the bathroom was ok too (not renovated, but big shower). Good thing we weren't travelling with any kids because there was hardly any space in the room. This is just a warning in case you're booking through a discount website. I know people who pay regular price will get the nice, updated rooms. Not sure if they are bigger though! ;)

The street noise didn't bother me even if I could hear it a little. The hotel itself was very calm.

The fitness center is great. There are several cardio machines (with their own little TV) and plenty of dumbbell so I was able to squeeze a decent workout during my NYC trip.

Anyways, the location is fantastic and there are plenty of stores/restaurants near by. There is a Whole Foods a few blocks away which was convenient to get something to eat in the morning.

The staff is very helpful and one of them helped us find a restaurant after a musical on a sunday night at 9pm when everything seemed to be closed in the area. I can't remember his name but he was the best!! Always smiling and opening the doors for us.

I would go back to this hotel if I'd get a good price. I can deal with the tiny room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My daughter and I had a lovely time here for 4 nights to celebrate our birthdays. Our room was ready when we arrived at the hotel around noon so we were able to check in early and rest for a bit after being up since 5:00 a.m. and flying in. The staff could not have been more friendly or welcoming throughout our stay. They even sang "Happy Birthday" to us at check-in and sent goodies to the room later. We had two double beds and, while the room was on the smaller side, we had plenty of space for us and our large luggage. I even had room to do yoga beside one of the beds:) The location was great for shopping, museums, and Central Park. The subway is two blocks away and can take you to the 9/11 memorial in about 10-15 minutes! We were on the 9th floor and heard no street noise at all. It was very quiet and we slept well. We had a wonderful time and would definitely stay here again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceNYHotel57, General Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel 57, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We love hearing about our guest's great experiences and it is wonderful to hear that you were able to enjoy our spacious rooms and friendly staff. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to New York CIty!
Lima
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The property is quite stylish and very well maintained, and service works fine. Location is wonderful, just a few blocks from the main attractions.

Terrace on top floor has wonderful views of the Chrysler Building, and we were treated with a sunset. Great overall.

Room Tip: We had a junior suite for two adults and a kid, and I think the extra space really made a difference...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance New York Hotel 57? Share your experiences!