“Classic Elegance!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Gramercy Park Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Gramercy Park Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Lexington Avenue, New York City, NY 10010 (Gramercy Park)   |
Offers & Announcements
Fashion Week Package
Ranked #31 of 452 hotels in New York City
“Classic Elegance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Accessible to the many wonderful burrows of NYC Gramercy Park exceeded our expectations on all levels. We usually stay midtown but it was refreshing to stay on Manhattan's east side with access to such a beautiful private park. The hotel was impeccably appointed, if you appreciate art and decor you will be impressed with what Gramercy Park has to offer. Aesthetics aside, most importantly we were treated very well. All staff members were genuinely hospitable and friendly. CJ out front was especially memorable. Overall, if you are looking for modern luxury with great historical roots this hotel delivers. My party and I look forward to returning as soon as we are able.

• Stayed June 2014
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Hello NatalieMira - So pleased to hear about your great experience here at Gramercy. Location is key when in New York, so I was pleased to hear that you utilized Gramercy central spot to orient yourself around the city. Once you pass the sheer beauty that is our design, you have the people that bring Gramercy to Life, our team. Sounds like CJ, took great care of you.....he certainly does enjoy looking after our guests!
Looking forward to welcome you back for another great experience here at Gramercy.

786 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

A lovely hotel and the room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were efficient but not over friendly. We could afford a nice hotel like this but we do not want all the stuffiness that went with this price tag. We did not feel that we wanted to frequent the bar or restaurant due to the formality of the amenities. We were on holiday and would have preferred a more casual setting and atmosphere. I would not recommend this to someone who wants a relaxing holiday as it was more suited to a business traveller or someone who wants to dress up and be ore formal. Also be aware of noisy people standing outside of the late night exclusive bar under your room window.!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hello Andrew - Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback. My sincerest apologies with any feeling of stuffiness, although I do have to share that this was the first time I am hearing of such an encounter. While the lifestyle driven property is full of design and beauty, the team is truly focused on guest engagement and personalization, so I am truly sorry you did feel as such. With regards to any formalities to the restaurant or Rose Bar, well we do require reservations for both. Due to the popularity of the venues, tables do fill up quickly, although both venues do offer first come first serve seating. With any popular dining venue in the city, reservations are always required. Should your travels bring you back to New York in the near future, please reach out to me directly, I would be happy to organize a table in Maialino or Rose Bar.....Actually President Obama dined there in April, he too had a reservation! Looking forward to welcome you back for another great stay.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

When in NY I usually stay at another hotel but their prices recently went up and I decided to try Grammercy Park Hotel again.
I have stayed here a number of times before but something has changed, much for the better. I always had an enjoyable stay in the past but this time because of the staff my stay was truly excellent. I was there for three nights and immediately saw an even higher level of friendly professionalism at the front desk. They seemed sincere when asking if I was happy with my room. That doesn't happen very often.

Also of note was how very pleasant and friendly the housekeeping staff is. All told it was a very comfortable stay.

In case you didn't know, the hotel adjoins Gramercy Park which is not open to the public, only residents which includes hotel guests. This was my first chance to spend some time there and it's a treat.

I hope to make GPH my regular NY hotel from now on.

Room Tip: It's an added treat if your room has a view of the park. Also the restaurant Maialino is very...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Hello Stuart! Thank you for the wonderful feedback. The entire team here has been making amazing effort to take it to the next level. SO hearing about seeing a great positive change in the service is music to our ears....what we are doing is working. We are all about the personalization here at Gramercy. The entire team loves what they do and committed to the guest experience. The Park is a huge bonus, I mean access to the only private park in New York city....well isn't that special! Looking forward to have you back at Gramercy very soon.

Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Business often takes me to NYC and I have made the Gramercy Park Hotel my home away from home. Here's why: now that I've stayed a few times the staff has gotten to know me, I am treated as a regular and everything goes like clockwork. The location is top notch - in the city, but almost like slightly removed from things right next to the park. Food is excellent whether room service or at their restaurant (love their oatmeal and lattes for breakfast!). Most of all I like the rooms which are always clean and unique. You can stay anywhere and get a cookie cutter square box of a room, but the GPH has a unique historic vibe and feel to it. I don't stay anywhere else in the city!

Room Tip: The rooms facing Lexington provide better views, but the rooms on the back are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Great Food, Great, Service and a Great hotel experience,,,,,that's what we are all about. So pleased to hear that we have become your home away from home....The property is truly special and I feel fortunate to have shared it with you. The food is awesome, glad that you were able to experience the culinary talent of our team here at Gramercy. Having Danny Meyer as our Food Partner here at Gramercy is truly a pleasure. Looking forward to welcome you back to the Hotel very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, great service.
Nice Location . Staff in great.
Rooms are Very Nice and comfortable. Looking forward staying here again. Amazing Experience . Will stay there the next time. We slept in different hotels before, but this one is a keeper. The Gramercy park ia Very Nice quite and neet.

• Stayed May 2014
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hello Jurgo - Thank you so much for sharing....We're a keeper, I love it! Being on your go to list for NYC hotels, truly means a lot to the entire team here at Gramercy. We are looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel very soon for another outstanding visit to the hotel.

Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have been travelling to NYC 2 to 3 times a month for over a year. This is my favorite place yet! It was sexy! It is just posh and cool enough, while being in a great NYC neighborhood without all of the hustle and bustle of the typical wall to wall tourist. There were great neighborhood restaurants and private parks nearby. Not to mention, my favorite, was the staff. Excellent! There is nothing that irritates me more than to walk into a NYC hotel and their nose turn up because the staff does not recognize me. The staff was amazing. The staff was as kind and generous to me as they were to the famous faces walking in from their stretch limos. I would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Wow! What great feedback...we are truly humbled by your comments. The team here at Gramercy is what makes the property so special. Sure the location is amazing and the place is out of this world, but the team really brings this property to life. Recognizing your return to the hotel....that is just what we do! Everyone is a VIP here at Gramercy. Looking forward to welcome you back to the property very soon.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel was such a pleasant surprise with it's beautiful, rustic-chic and unique decor. The staff were attentive to our needs and had nice special touches such as lit candles and a forecast of the next day's weather with our turn down service. Also, access to Gramercy Park is quite a treat to enjoy the beautiful private park at your leisure. The room was cozy and stayed cool and dark to make for perfect sleeping conditions and the location made it so easy to get to our destinations throughout the weekend. All-in-all, a fabulous experience and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
So pleased to hear that you connected with the design and experience here at Gramercy. The Private Park is a huge plus, glad you were able to make it in during your visit. It all comes down to a good nights sleep and there's nothing like peace and quiet. So pleased to hear you had such a great time with us. Looking forward to welcome you back to Gramercy for another great weekend!

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Gramercy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!