“So Luxuriouss” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gramercy Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added Gramercy Park Hotel to your Saves list
Gramercy Park Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Lexington Avenue, New York City, NY 10010 (Gramercy Park)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #29 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
“So Luxuriouss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Very elegant and beautiful hotel. The Rose bar is wonderful and lives up to its reputation. Great place to start your evening. Made a request for room service breakfast, which was spot on. The staff is very attentive and nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hello Javier - What great feedback, thank you so much for sharing! Rose Bar is fabulous...great spot to start, end or spending your entire evening....I too love our In Room Dining Menu....its delicious, the fried pickles are my personal favorite. Looking forward to welcome you back to the Property again very soon.

Daniel Entenberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just about to check out after 3 nights at the Gramercy Park Hotel...what can we say. From the minute we walked through the front door we knew that this was not your average modern hotel accommodation.
The signature scent enhanced the already cosy atmosphere of the lobby...with open fire, wood panelling and original artworks, it felt like walking into a plush residence rather than a hotel.
Staff were friendly from the moment we entered and that great service continued throughout our stay..from front desk to housekeeping, everyone had a smile.
We were spoiled with an upgrade to a King room on the Penthouse floor, and I have to say the bed was one of the best I have slept in.....it made it hard to get up on the first morning. After our long flight the day before, I felt like I was in heaven.
IF there is one criticism, it would be that the furnishings in the room LOOK fantastic, but do make navigation around a little tricky. The large table is a fabulous piece, but compromises the space a little.
Otherwise a fabulous stay in a luxurious hotel ...highly recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors with view of the park
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello LouBale - So glad you enjoyed your time at Gramercy! You certainly referenced a great metaphor, comparing the property to luxury residence. I completely agree, walking into the property....seeing the fireplace burning, the scent all around and of course our art collection, I completely agree! Pleased to hear you enjoyed your room on the Penthouse Level....we always try to surprise and delight whenever possible. Looking forward to welcome you back soon and I can organize one of our other room types giving you a bit more flexibility and floor space in the room. Until Next Time....

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've probably spent at least 20 nights here over the past six months, and it remains my favorite hotel in NYC thanks to its stylish rooms, friendly staff and awesome location. (I can't help but be a little bit biased having lived in Gramercy myself.)

That said, I can't give GPH 5 stars as it has too many minor issues. Unfortunately, and despite the friendly and well-intentioned staff, all are service oriented:

- Wake up calls are either not honored or sent at the wrong time (e.g. 5am instead of 6am, 6:30 instead of 6:45, etc...)
- Room service either slow or unresponsive (asked for cutlery one night and never received it)
- It frequently seems to take a dozen rings or more to get through to the front desk, no matter the time of day
- I was steered away from a 4th floor room as it might be "noisy", but can still feel the bass in the Rose Bar from my 5th floor room at 1am. Having stayed in a half dozen different rooms here, I would never stay below the 8th floor ever again
- Supposed (and advertised) "last-minute tables" at Maialino for hotel guests seem non-existent

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello Brandon - My sincerest apologies for the opportunities you experienced on your recent stay with us. Our entire team is focused on the details of the guest experience, so I assure you this situation was an anomaly. The team was truly crushed when they read your feedback and wished they had known of it when you were in house as they are all about turning situations around and making it right. Its great to see we still remain as your TOP destination and Favorite hotel in New York City. When your travels bring you back to New York, please reach out to me directly so that I may personally ensure you are well taken care of.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed for one night and wish I could have stayed longer. A true sense of place with very friendly staff that understand service. Chelsea is a rockstar and assisted me while I was there as well as when I wasn't...she stayed in constanct communication with me as I was stranded at the airport and needed further accommodation. Great vibe, great people, great place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hello Michael! Such a treat to have you and your wife experience Gramercy on your recent trip to the City. We are truly fortunate to have a magical team focused on the guest experience....taking care of our guests when they are stranded at the airport is a testament on how our team overcomes adversity to ensure are guests are well taken care of. Chelsea was truly pleased to receive such positive feedback from your experience and we look forward to welcome you back soon!

Commack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Nothing was left to chance. Everyone was on their "A" game and made sure we were more than content every step of the way. The room was decorated with a lot of thought and made our time there most enjoyable. The drinks in the Rose bar were a step above the rest. The warmth from the fireplaces, the decor added the extra touch to make this a hotel a must on your travels. The real test is that we both can't wait to go back there again in the spring.

Room Tip: The staff helped us out every possible way and did everything to make sure we would want to come bac...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Wow Greg! The entire team truly works very hard and comes with their "A" game day in and day out, so your acknowledgment is outstanding! Sure the property is beautiful, but it is our great people who bring it to life. Rose Bar, a must on every visit.....a least for one of our hand crafted cocktails....I personally love the Ginger Fig Martini...delicious! For for a bit more zing, try the pineapple margarita, yum! Looking forward to welcome you back in the spring, we'll be waiting for you!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

As a New Yorker living in Greenwich Village, I recommended that my friends who were visiting the city stay here so they could be close to my apartment, nightlife and really everything downtown Manhattan has to offer. Although I’ve been to the hotel several times, this was the first time for my friends. These are friends of mine I have travelled the world with so I know they have very discerning taste and as I expected, they loved the property. They enjoyed the décor, character, staff, comfortable rooms and most of all the privacy. We spent the night at The Rose Bar and had a perfect evening. I will definitely continue to recommend the hotel to my visitors in the future!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hello Jared - hearing such great feedback from a native New Yorker such as yourself is just great!! We are fortunate to have such a great team of associates committed to the guest experience and hearing from you just makes their day...truly! I was glad to hear that you were able to experience all aspects of Gramercy including Rose Bar. Looking forward to welcome you back to the property very soon! There's nothing like experiencing a fabulous hotel in the city you love!! Please do keep in touch!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The hotel is well located, my room was spotless, and the food in the restaurant and room service was excellent. The staff was all very professional and accommodating. Can't wait to stay there again!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Phil - Such a pleasure to host you this pas weekend. Glad to hear you were able to take advantage of the centrally located property along with all the amenities Gramercy has to offer. Your kind feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcome you back to the property very soon! Please keep in touch and let me know when your travels bring you back.

Daniel Entenberg

Been to Gramercy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!