“Simply the best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gramercy Park Hotel

You added Gramercy Park Hotel to your Saves list
Gramercy Park Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Lexington Avenue, New York City, NY 10010 (Gramercy Park)   |
Offers & Announcements
25% off of our Suites!
Ranked #28 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The front desk was polite and informative about the local area. The room was wonderfully decorated- felt hip but classy at the same time. The lounge, Rosebar, was wonderful. The staff ran the night life scene like an A-list party, but with respect for all the guests. The drinks were great! Lastly, and most important to me, the place was clean as a whistle. Big compliments to the GM, Dan E., he couldn't of made our stay any better. Yitbos Lynch

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hello Bob - It was a true pleasure looking after you and your friends at Gramercy this past weekend. We are all about creating special moments for each and everyone of our guests, so hearing about your satisfaction is truly music to our ears! Thank you again for such a positive review about your recent stay, we are very proud of Gramercy! Looking forward to welcome you back again soon.....perhaps next time an evening with your wife!

Daniel Entenberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is by far and away the best in the city. It is locate perfectly, has a boutique hotel feel and is beautiful beyond compare. The service was outstanding and we will be back! Chief- save a room for us!!

• Stayed February 2014
Hello Brett - Happy Birthday once again! So wonderful that you and your friends were able to relive some great memories at Gramercy! There's truly nothing like reconnecting with old friends in a place like Rose Bar!! I am sure you are glad to be back home with your 2 little ones!! Until next time.....we look forward to welcome you back soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The Gramercy Park Hotel offers everything my friends and I were looking for on our recent trip to Manhattan. The hotel is unlike any other I have ever stayed in. It has great character and a totally unique look. The nightlife in the hotel was awesome. The service all the way around could not be better. The beds comfortable, the bathrooms modern and clean. The hotel is certainly managed unlike any other I've stayed in. I will only stay at the GPH from here on out. Thanks for a great time

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Patrick - You are correct, Gramercy is unlike any other. I am so happy that you were able to experience the property in the fashion you did. It sounds like were able to touch all aspects of the property! From what I heard from your colleagues, it sounded like you had an exciting evening in Rose Bar....a must do while at the Gramercy. Looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Cant say enough good things about this hidden gem. Great eclectic style, warm and helpful staff, and an awesome vibe. Spent the night at the Rose Bar which was awesome. Luckily we were staying at the hotel or else we would have never gotten in.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Rich - So glad to hear of your fabulous stay at Gramercy....and what's not a Gramercy experience without a night at Rose Bar. It was truly a pleasure taking care of you and your crew for such a special evening, glad to hear everyone enjoyed it so much! Please do reach out when your travels bring you back to NYC....perhaps next time bring the little one and show him what GPH is all about!

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just checked out of the GPH after a 3 day stay. Pros: spacious room, top notch toiletries, comfortable bed, friendly/helpful staff, prompt room service. Restaurant downstairs makes a great cappuccino. Hotel is in a great area. If you are a solo traveler this is a great spot.
Cons: very few. It is a little dark and I could find zero outlets in the room for my phone charger or iron. Someone needs to fix that outlet situation.

Will definitely be back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hello LovetoTravel - So glad to hear of your positive experience with us! Great news about the outlet situation, I am working on the resolution as we speak! I am finalizing the details on some outlet extenders and plug adapters in the rooms to add 4 additional ports to all rooms. I hope to have this project completed by the end of March. Should your travels bring you back to New York in the near future, please reach out to me directly so that I may ensure you are well taken care of!

Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for about 8 nigths as it is close to my daughter's School. I booked a double room with 2 very comfortable double beds. The room was ample and had a nice desk to wok on. The AC was good in the room but not so much in the bathroom which had a separate AC system, and sometimes got cold if you didn't have it on all the time. The TV system was not very good regarding the channel selections (couldn't see the olympics) but there was a DVD which I used quite often. Regarding food, I had to order room service, as the breakfast at the restaurant was less good. The main restaurant was very good (Maialino) though but was hard to get in, and if you settled for the bar, the food was different. The last day I asked for a free late check out which was denied, so I had to pay for it. So, I will keep checking up other hotels in the Gramercy area!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hello J - thank you for you recent feedback and my apologies we did not exceed your expectations as we always strive to do just that. Glad you found comfort in our double bed accommodation, our double bedded rooms are actually one of the largest of its kind in the city.
I was a bit confused on your breakfast being less than good in our restaurant, as you mentioned that Maialino is our restaurant and you complimented it as such? Actually speaking Maialino is ranked TOP 5 New York city breakfasts. Having such a popular restaurant in our hotel certainly drives demand, so we always preface our guests to book ahead as tables fill fast as you so mentioned. Should your travels bring you back to New York in the near future, please reach out to me directly so that I may ensure you are well taken care of.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Your spirits will rise on entering the lobby of the Gramercy Park Hotel. My 22 year old son, his girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 days. We had a wonderful time. The hotel is atmospheric and friendly and the restaurant and bars excellent. I loved the casual bar/communal table in Maialino. Service is low key but friendly and our entry level rooms were much more spacious than we expected. The location is very convenient for subway and many good local restaurants. My only minor suggestions would be that you would be better to plan ahead and pre-book if you want to be guaranteed of using the hotel's restaurant and the Rose Bar. We were there in the snow so the terrace was closed. I would also have personally preferred a brighter light in my bedroom though the bathroom was well lit but these are minor quibbles to an overall really memorable stay

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Hello lsolin! Thank you for rave review. There is no other hotel in NYC that has the rock and roll yet chic vibe that we do in Gramercy and I'm pleased that you felt your spirits rise as soon as you walked in. Maialino, Rose, and Jade Bar are all top notch options for grabbing a drink or food in the city, glad you enjoyed. The terrace is now for private events only, but next time you're in the city we'll gladly give you a tour! I'm happy to ensure additional lighting is set up in your bathroom as well for the future an that you are added to the Rose Bar list for your stay. Do let me know next time your travels bring you back to NYC, we look forward to welcoming you back to Gramercy soon.

Been to Gramercy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!