“Great location, great service, very comfortable and spacious room.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gramercy Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added Gramercy Park Hotel to your Saves list
Gramercy Park Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Lexington Avenue, New York City, NY 10010 (Gramercy Park)   |
Offers & Announcements
An Aid for Your Summer
Ranked #33 of 449 hotels in New York City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location, great service, very comfortable and spacious room.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Two great nights at the Gramercy. I was very pleased. The service was excellent and the room was most comfortable. It is not cheap but this in New York. The location is wonderful. Negatives: a bit dark which is not my style, but not as dark as the W Hotel. That is it and I have travelled all over the world. Loved it!

• Stayed January 2014
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hello Rhinofox! What's better than 1 night at Gramercy.....2 nights at Gramercy, as you so enjoyed! Hearing about your fabulous stay is music to our ears, especially coming from someone such as yourself who has travelled all over the world. We work very hard to deliver memorable experiences so getting such outstanding feedback, just makes our day! Looking forward to welcome you back to Gramercy very soon. Keep in touch!

736 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed at the loft suite with my wife over the weekend. Loved the ambiance, art and vibe of this boutique hotel. Much better experience than other corporate hotels. Friendly staff and great location close to shopping and restaurants.Will come again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello JMAdams - thank you for the great review! We're definitely not your typical hotel. We are all about the ambiance and exciting your senses of sight and smell. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the property and were able to take advantage of our amenities and engage the team as well. Should your travels bring you back to New York in the near future, please reach out to me directly so that I may ensure you are well taken care of.

Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed here over Thanksgiving with the kids. They had a separate suite. The service was impeccable. The place sustains an arty feel with a dark, rather moody lobby. Every question I asked prior to my visit was answered fully, promptly and with more attention than expected. I was worried about food on Thanksgiving day. They replied with a suggested list of good places nearby that would be open. The cafe and restaurant attached to the hotel was fabulous --- great food.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hello Kelly! Thank you for taking the time to share your Thanksgiving experience with us! I can't think of a better time to enjoy New York, than over thanksgiving. The weather is changing and starting to get a little crisp out.....waking up on the Thursday morning to experience The Parade of all Parades! It truly is a memorable time here in the city. I was so pleased to hear you had a such a fabulous time with the children......if you win them over, then its a success!! Looking forward to continuing your family tradition here at Gramercy every year for Thanksgiving and then some!!

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Normally when I travel to NY I dread staying in the small sized/loud hotel rooms.

My time at the Gramercy was the polar opposite experience. Check in at the hotel was rapid. The people at the desk swiped my credit card & got me keys to my room within a blink of an eye. I love this.

The hotel has three elevators. This is a luxury in NY. Not to mention, the elevators move quickly, miracle!!!

My room was upgraded and it was massive. The decor was old glamor, not the new modern luxury I am use to but I found it charming and fun.

Here is a full break down of the room:

Bed and bedding was very comfortable. The pillows were a little too soft for me but that is a personal preference.

Shower pressure was splendid. There was also great products and plenty of vanity space to get ready. The towels felt fresh and were fairly well sized. One thing that I did find unusual was there was no bath rug which made the bathroom feel a bit cold.

The closet was a big of a drag - it was very far from the actual bedroom area where you need to get ready.

Overall, I really liked this hotel. The lobby, restaurant, and location are superb. I will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review! Gramercy truly is the polar opposite of what the typical New York Hotel has to offer. We take the average hotel experience and turn it inside out, extending the greatest in hotel amenities, dining venues, décor and service professionals. So glad to hear you were upgraded, our rooms truly are special and glamorous as you so mentioned. The quality of your sleep experience, amenities and linens are very important to us and we take it very seriously, so I was so pleased to hear that a seasoned traveler such as yourself enjoyed them so much. The charm of the historic Gramercy may not always side with the best in room layouts when compared to newly built hotels, as you so discovered with the closet placement. I hope the added space with your room upgrade was enough to compensate for the distance, giving you more space in the bedroom area. Looking forward to welcome you back to Gramercy very soon.

East Hampton, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed here for the second time in celebration of my birthday and it was as wonderful as we recalled from the first time. The room is incredibly quiet, comfortable and well-appointed. The staff is always extremely helpful. They even sent a birthday cake to our room. The lobby alone makes it worth a visit! It is our favorite boutique hotel in New York.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We love special occasions and Birthdays are no different! I am so pleased that you decided to spend such a special occasion with us. We love celebrations and I am glad to hear how great it was for you, it sounds like the pastry chef out did herself yet again!! Looking forward to your return and celebrating another landmark occasion with you here at Gramercy.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The Gramercy Park Hotel is always a treat. The décor is amazing, location is great and Maialino and the lobby bars are a real treat. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful and made the stay ideal.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hello Craig! That you so much for taking the time to share you 5 star experience with us. Gramercy truly is a special treat, as you so mentioned. The décor, Maialino and Rose Bar are great amenities and an outstanding part of the property. What really brings to property to life are the people who create the magic, our team! I'm so glad that you were able to connect with them. Looking forward to welcome you back to the city very soon. Please do keep in touch and let me know when your travels bring you back.

Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed at GPH for a long weekend this month, and it was a wonderful experience. The storied property is cool and elegant with a great lobby, a hip bar, beautiful art work, and a terrific restaurant. The staff is always present, helpful, and friendly. The room was quiet, spacious, and very comfortable. And I love the location. I highly recommend GPH.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hello Tony - It was great to connect with you on your recent experience at Gramercy. The property is truly speical and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of the true Gramercy Experience. Our team is our most prized possession, so it is great to hear that they connect so well with you. Looking forward to welcome you back to Gramercy very soon!

Daniel Entenberg

Been to Gramercy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!