“Good Food - Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
New York, NY
“Good Food - Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Had train problems recently and I was walking along 5th Avenue trying to get home. I passed many nice looking restaurants but most looked too upscale for me. When I saw Dizzy's I knew it was just the place since I love diners. The staff was very pleasant and the menu had many options that sounded good. I had Dad's Meatloaf with roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and string beans. The meal was delicious! I cleaned my plate. I will have to go back to try their other options.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Connecticut
“Big portions, food could have been better prepared”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Went to Dizzy's for lunch last week and ordered a cheesesteak sandwich -- tasty with a rich garlic flavor but the meat was overcooked and a bit dried out. They top the sandwich with a rubbery mozzarella, too -- would have been better with a melted cheese that retained its gooeyness. Normally I clean my plate, but this one was so big that it would have been better if shared.

The place doesn't look all that clean either. Avoid the table at the far end of the dining room -- unless you like a view of the garbage bin.

I'd come back to sample something else on the menu, but there are many other restaurants in Park Slope I want to try first. The F train's Seventh Ave. stop will bring you to Dizzy's door if you get off through the 8th Ave. exit.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Nice, kids loved it better than us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Well... it's very popular. Big portions. Nice and fresh food. I found it a bit odd that granola and fruit came without yogurt. service was ok but a bit slow, not too eficient. I'd go back only if the kids ask me to.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“5th Avenue / 8th Avenue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

As a fan of the 8th Avenue for years I was delighted to find that the newer 5th Avenue location is a fun yet original addition to the Dizzy's family. Same welcoming staff with a charming atmosphere and great brunch menu.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Had lousy food for Sunday brunch.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Dizzy's we went to was at 5th St & President in Brooklyn. Amaretto & Pecan French Toast was burned. English Muffins were burned. Biscuits and Gravy looked like someone got sick. If it wasn't for our family enjoying being together, it was otherwise a disaster. Forget this place!

• 2 of 5 stars Food