You added Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Upper East Side to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Upper East Side
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   410 East 92nd Street, New York City, NY 10128 (Upper East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #242 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very Pleasant Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have stayed here multiple times now for work. The staff is very friendly, and the hotel is very comfortable, and completely remodeled. It is also very close to several good restaurants, and a 15 min walk to the subway. As for the negatives, there is no standard Courtyard Cafe, but there is a Starbucks close-by. Also, it is virtually impossible to get a cab in the morning, and the staff is zero help in this regard. Instead, they try to get you into one of their "affiliated" private, expensive, cars, which I refuse for the principle that if I want a city cab, they should find me one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Robert R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Upper East Side, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Stickybeans,
I am happy to hear that you had the refreshing and relaxing experience that is expected when staying at a Courtyard by Marriott. We do plan to add a food option in the very near future and I hope that you will return in the future to enjoy it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed at this Courtyard during a 10th birthday trip to NYC for our son. I had mentioned this to the front desk staff. When we arrived, he was greeted with a Happy Birthday from the staff. Not long after we were settled in our room, my son answered a knock at our door to discover one of the hotel staff, Shannon, brought him an "I Love NY" bag filled with goodies and a hand written note saying Happy Birthday. It made his day and he felt like a celebrity! Our room was very clean, the housekeeping staff was friendly, my son enjoyed the pool with a lifeguard, and the location was accessible to the subway. My only complaint - the view from our room was terrible - our window faced a workout facility, with people working out who were looking right into our room, and an alley filled with trash. We had to keep our curtains shut all day and night. But the staff made up for it ten fold, especially Richie, who took great care of our car/baggage, and Shannon who was amazingly helpful, going above and beyond for our family! I would definitely return; I would just ask for a room on a higher floor!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors to avoid terrible views of a trashy alley and neighboring workout...
Dear mommommommommommom,
Happy Late Birthday to your son. I am happy to hear that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you come back soon and visit us in the future. I will pass on this excellent feedback with the rest of the staff here at the Courtyard Upper East Side.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We have stayed at many hotels in our lives. But this hotel shined above the rest. The actual hotel was nice, but what made it stand above and beyond, was the staff. We have never had such kind and welcoming staff, ever! They made us feel at home, made my kids feel like they were family, every single person greeted us with a smile. Even after the trip, Eric Passiglia took the time to help me out with additional questions. I will absolutely stay here again, and recommend all of my friends do as well!

Dear Jamee N,
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed our hotel. Thank you for the great feedback about Eric; he is a true asset to our team. I have already shared your kind words with everyone here at the hotel.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

When I arrived to check in, the staff at the registration desk couldn't find my booking.com reservation. They did not apologize or smile or make eye contact with me; instead, they were trying to see over my head to watch a World Cup game on the lobby TV. Only when I asked repeatedly did they call booking.com, and after that they offered me another room that did not have the number of beds I required. They made no effort at all to help me or to correct the problem or to make me comfortable while I waited. Booking.com was able to arrange alternate accommodations, thank goodness. I would not chose to stay in a hotel where the front-desk staff are this rude and unhelpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Robert R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Upper East Side, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Dear Brrrrr14,
Thank you for the feedback with this customer service issue that you have recently received. I assure you that your customer service issue is not consistent with what you should expect when visiting a Marriott Hotel. I hope that you do return to our hotel and see the positive change that has happened as a result of your feedback.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a week in mid June - our first trip to New York city. We loved the location. My conference was in Times Square and I was a bit hesitant to stay here at first as I thought it would be out of the way and bit far for us from everything. Instead we ended up being extremely happy with the location - it had so many great eateries located nearby, delis, the subway was a 10 minute walk (food carts and shops to see along the way). The staff were great - on check in I asked if we could have 2 queen beds instead of the king (I booked online via expedia and king was all that was left) and they were more than accommodating in making the change for us. Always had a smile and very helpful. Housekeeping I left a note for asking for more coffee pods, and each time they left more than enough for us. Free coffee in the mornings in the foyer which was great also as we grabbed a cup to take with us when we went out in the mornings. We walked everywhere and took the subway mostly, but saying that there are always taxis close by or private cars/drivers out the front of the hotel. The bed was really comfy and the pillows were assorted in terms of softness/hardness. Had a great night sleep each night. Only negative I can think of was that the shower curtain was a bit musty, but I'm sure if I had informed staff it would of been changed. There is no bistro on site, but there is really no need as there are so many eateries nearby (highly recommend Au Jus or Zabars [Eli's Vinegar Factory] just around the corner) that you can visit, or order food from for delivery to your room at no charge.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 15th floor and had no problems with noise or AC.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Robert R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Upper East Side, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Travelling_Families,
Thank you for your great feedback of your stay in New York City with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here with your family.
Webster, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great hotel, great view of the city, friendly helpful staff, great location. Subway not too far from hotel, definitely walking distance. Restaurants nearby, Duane Reade Pharmacy close by. Room was clean, shower worked great. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kel4377,
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in New York City with us. Looking forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Air conditioning that doesn't work, only two elevators - and one out of service half the time, key cards that don't work, management that doesn't care...I would rather sleep in the subway than at this hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
Green Features: They keep the rooms hot in the summer - is that environmentally friendly?
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear theusual154,
Thank you for the feedback from this engineering issue that you have recently received. I assure you that the engineering issue is not consistent with what you should expect when visiting a Marriott Hotel. I hope that you do return to our hotel and see the positive change that has happened as a result of your feedback.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Upper East Side? Share your experiences!