“Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 stars

212-924-2212
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Nakazawa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,124 of 11,771 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

After watching the documentary on Jiro, I was quite fascinated by the true sushi dining experience. As soon as Sushi Nakazawa opened, I tried my hardest to get a reservation. It was so well worth it. The fish was unbelievably fresh and the presentation was outstanding. I would definitely go back.

Visited May 2014

“Don't hesitate. Just make a reservation and go. (Reservations take up to a month)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I didn't have any expectations when I made reservations. When I got there, I felt under dressed, so be prepared to dress a little fancy... just a smudge. Anyways, the sushi was on point. So fresh, that i felt like I was in Japan. Especially the Uni. OMG, it was the sweetest uni I have ever had. Just thinking about it is making my mouth salivate. Although, its on the pricey side, its for 20 piece sushi and its the freshest it can be... so i think its worth it! Im coming here again with my father for sure! Btw, the service was amaze balls. The people were so sweet and all smiles. If you love sushi, you need to come here.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Great marketing but not best sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Let's go
I have been to most first class sushi places in ny
Kanoyama tanoshi jewel 15 yasuda and kura and so on

For me the sushi is the main reason I go
The service is outstanding and the place is great
But
Is the sushi better than all others no chance
I am a marketing guy I have written 4 books and these guys do a great job of marketing the jiro apprentice. Kudos
For quality and diversity of Fish. They don't even come close to kuruma
even if uezo San is not as charming as mr nakazawa. The fish is way better
And nobu San at kanoyama will give you fish and rice that is superior and .......half the price. Tri to eat at 15 east. Masa to is charming and he serves great fish and great sake
Nakazawa is great. But at 150 dollars for the omakase all sushi no rolls no nothing else it's pricey
Worth going but not worth going back

Visited April 2014
Kennewick, Washington
“Fantastic night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I am by no means a sushi expect but thought the meal was almost perfect. Every course was beautifully presented and the entire staff seemed to be on top of explaining the ever changing menu items. Chef Nakazawa was friendly and personable. Loved every course except the uni, but that is just my personal taste/overall dislike of urchin. Can't think of anything I would change.

Visited April 2014
Albany, New York
“One of the best sushi experiences ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

After watching "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" and since discovering that Nakazawa, the apprentice who attempted to make proper tamago numerous times before Chef jiro approved, was now Chef Daisuke Nakazawa and running his own restaurant in NYC, I knew I had to try it. Although almost impossible to get a reservation, it was well worth the effort. The 20-course prix fixe omakase flows sublimely and if you're still hungry (or just wanting to not stop tasting amazing sushi) you can supplement with further courses.

Some examples: I had never had the opportunity to taste uni from 3 different locations around the world at one sitting to really appreciate the subtle and not-so-subtle differences in taste based on their habitat.

• Visited March 2014