“Grandmaster Caz took me back to my youth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hush Tours

Hush Tours
292 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10001 (Midtown)
+1 212-714-3527
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Hush Hip Hop Tours is the premiere New York City sightseeing tour that educates tourists, and locals alike. NY Tours should be larger than life, just like the city itself. Led by celebrity emcees, graffiti artists, DJs, and b-boys each of our bus and walking tours explore hip hop in neighborhoods like Harlem, the Bronx and Brooklyn. From murals and graffiti art to rhymes and dance-offs, our tours include an interactive off-the-wall look into New York's hip hop culture. Hush Hip Hop Tours provides a one of a kind experience, connecting guests with those who spawned and the art form. Who better to tell the stories of its emergence within the Boroughs of New York City, than the legends themselves? Join artists such as Grandmaster Caz. Kurtis Blow, Ralph McDaniels, Kool DJ Red Alert, Rahiem, Reggie Reg, Johnny Famous on a unique excursion crediting the essence of Hip Hop. Recognized by major media outlets such as, BET, MTV, Vh-1, Hush Tours perpetuates the origin of Hip Hop culture by offering customers the opportunity to revisit past and present day history. Our decade long existence has allowed us to master the craft of tourism, providing an experience so unique it should be done in repetition. More than just a tour- one official experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Grandmaster Caz took me back to my youth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

High recommend this tour. This was me n me mates Chris 3rd time in NYC (from England) & its the best thing done 2 date whilst there. Grandmaster Caz was brilliant, kept us well entertained. Felt 2 old 2 partake in the "breakin" but funny 2 watch. Oh yeah the soul food we ate @ jacobs was fantastic. Keep up the good work Hush Tours.

HushHipHopTours, Manager at Hush Tours, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
We love taking our customers on trips down memory lane, happy to do so!

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Thankyou grandmaster caz and meen b-boy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

What a great day out, we cannot recommend this tour enough. Me and my partner both having an interest in hiphop went on this trip and suddenly realised how little we know about the history of it! Grandmaster Caz hosted our tour and did an excellent job of keeping us all entertained whilst teaching us plenty about the birth and growth of hiphop in NY. Plenty of stop offs around the city that no other tour goes near, really shows you the big apple!

Thanks again
Chris & Amy. UK

Visited December 2012
Thank you for the response, we hope you left feeling like an expert on hip-hop!
DC
“Hip Hop don't stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The tour was ALL that I expected..... and more! It was very informative. Even though I grew up within the era of the hip hop movement, there was so much more that I learned about it's history, culture, and places of origin. DJ Cas was an awesome tour guide as he provided many opportunities for participation and interaction in the hip hop culture and environments of Harlem and the Bronx.
I was pleasantly surprised to learn that our tour guide was the "original" C-A-S-I-N-O-V-A and the rest was F-L-Y! It don't get no better than that. Shout out to MEEN B-Boy and the rest of the crew. It would not have been complete without you! FUN, FUN, FUN. Much love, Ms. B from DC:-)

Visited December 2012
Wonderful response! We love exceeding expectations and hope you'll come back and let us wow you again!
“The real hip hop :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Just, awesome :) you are going to see all about the hip hop! I Recomend! Go and check it out :)
I'm from Brazil and i understood very much! And i've learned a lot! Thank you! It was an fantastic experience!

Great response! We love bridging cultural gaps and are glad you enjoyed the Hush Tours experience!
Austin
“JDL made the tour fun and informative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was one of the best tours I have ever had. JDL's information about Harlem did not come from books. He had lived. My two teenage sons gained a lot of information and respect for Harlem and it's history. Thanks JDL.

Visited December 2012
We love providing authentic experience that cannot be found in books. Great review!