“Loved it....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 40 / 40 Club

40 / 40 Club
6 W 25th St, New York City, NY 10010 (Manhattan)
212 832 4040
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #146 of 784 Nightlife in New York City
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Clubs
More attraction details
Owner description: Sports bar owned by rap star Jay-Z.
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We went there on Saturday night and it was great. We watched Trout V Cotto boxing match and we were very impressed with the whole club.

I would highly recommend this club. Can't wait to go back.... :)

Visited December 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Superstorm Sandy Surprise”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I planned a surprise birthday weeked to NYC for my husband. I was all set to travel to NYC the weekend of November 2-4, 2012 with 11 of his friends- we were all traveling from states other than NY. In mid-Oct I prepaid for VIP bottle and food service (the Brooklyn Finest Package) in anticipation of partying at the 40/40 club on Saturday, Nov 3. Well, hurricane Sandy hit on Oct 29-30th and we learned we would be unable to travel. I called the venue on Oct 31st to notify them we would be unable to travel from GA, and I needed to cancel my reservation and get a refund. So far, a refund has not been granted. I've been told they can give me a club credit, but not a refund since they were still open on Saturday, Nov 3rd. I don't live in NYC and I don't have plans to travel to NYC to use a 40/40 club credit. It is unbeliveable to me that in the face of a natural disaster and state of an emergency that prevented us from traveling to NYC they are refusing to give me a refund. (LGA was half underwater!!) My husband and I are big fans of JayZ and Beyonce; I can't imagine them supporting such unreasonable practices.

Visited November 2012
Washington D.C.
7 attraction reviews
“Nice Lounge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Club was nice it had a lounge type atmosphere, the drinks were nice and strong and worth every penny. Although I liked everything that I purchased while there, I have to say that I enjoyed my appetizer more than my meal. The southern fried chicken tacos are TO DIE FOR! I've been thinking about those tacos since I walked out of the Club doors. I will definitely go back and I will also check out the one in Atlantic City. Did I mention that there were some really attractive men and women at this lounge, the 40/40 brings out the Best.

Visited October 2012
Orlando, Florida
77 attraction reviews
“Good Ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have had this place on my radar for several years. This establishment is more of a high-end lounge. While there are no dining tables. There is stadium VIP area and places to lounge while hanging out with your friends. The food is tasty and the drinks mouthwatering.

Bring a fat wallet because the cheque will make you remind you -- how much of a good time you experience.

Visited July 2012
“Evening with the Girls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

While visiting NYC with a group of friends and we decided to enjoy the NYC nightlife by going to the 40/40 club. One of my friends insisted we visit the 40/40 Club so that she could "mark that off her bucket list". So, we agreed since the trip was really about her getting to experience NYC. We visited on a Friday night, arrived around midnight. When we arrived the crowd was still very scarce. As the night went on, the crowd grew slightly but it was never crowded. In my opinion, my type of establishment. The DJ played a good mix of music and the upstairs bartenders made pretty good drinks. The crowd was diverse in age and ethnicity, which is always good. If you are looking for a club with a large dance floor this is not the place for you. My friends and I had a good view of most of the club from our chosen spot on the 2nd floor, great for people watching. We could also dance a little comfortably in our area. The drink prices were as expected for NYC. That about sums it up. Would go back when looking for lounge type experience when in NYC.
Shout-out to the attractive security guy from the second floor.

Visited June 2012