“Great, great, great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yakitori Totto

Yakitori Totto
251 W 55th St, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)
212 245 4555
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Vista, CA
“Great, great, great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've started scheduling all my visits to NYC with a trip here. The food is great and I have always had good service. I really like the different 'parts' on this menu. Hearts, gizzards, and the like! All of it taste good. I've started venturing into more of the grilled veggies here and all of it is excellent. Finally, great choice of sake.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

84% Recommend
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“A Tasty and Fun Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I ventured out to try this little hole in the wall and had such a fun and delicious dining experience. Restaurant is small. We were happy to sit at the bar to be close to all the action. Very busy place and there was a line to some extent from the moment we arrived. Staff was helpful and pleasant. I am an adventurous eater, my sister is not. I was so happy when she came out of her dining comfort zone and tried the yakitori chicken hearts...they were delicious! As was the cheese and the pork with scallions and ponzu sauce. Everything we ordered was tasty and we ordered a lot! The sake can be pricey but they are very generous with it so you won't be disappointed. Would and will return on our next visit to NYC.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
USA
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Had a great time here. Nice atmosphere to eat good food and drinks with workers. A genuine yakitori place to check out. Get the aburi mackerel dish.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, Florida
“Tasty robatas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Everything we ate was surprisingly good. Even though the skewers are the house specialty, the fried octopus and tuna tataki were amazing. The lightly fried tofu melts in your mouth.
The sake selection is ample and well selected.
The crowd was a mix of about 50% Japanese people and the rest were young locals.
I look forward to going back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“My new favorite NYC restaurant ... not easy to find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This restaurant was next door to our hotel, but I would not have known it ... instead, it was recommended by a business associate (who is Korean and lives in NYC). It was a fabulous recommendation!! Went there twice.

It is located on 55th St between Broadway and 8th Ave, up a set of steep steps to the 2nd floor. It gets very busy for lunch (get there by 12noon). I had the Karubi Don, which is basically 3 sticks of short rib on top of a large bowl of rice with an over easy egg (you can ask for the egg on the side or skip it) you mix in with the rice. It also comes with Miso soup and a nice salad, all for $12 at lunch. The dumplings for an appetizer are also excellent.

Visited April 2013