“Not Impressed!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Loeb Boathouse

Loeb Boathouse
Central Park Lake, (at 74th Street), New York City, NY 10021 (Manhattan)
212 517 2233
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #267 of 1,633 things to do in New York City
Birmingham, Alabama
“Not Impressed!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently visited mainly to row the boats, which went very smoothly. But if you want to eat, better have a reservation! Even then you will be waiting and the bar, forget it! Luckily we got there early enough to get a seat at the bar. But i agree with other reviews they can be rude and really could care either way if you stay or go! Too many other places to spend your money and are appreciated for your patronage!!

Kansas City, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
“Good. Pretty view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I made dinner reservations and ended up running about 10 minutes late. I did call ahead to notify the hostess. She was more than accomodating. Very nice and understanding. No problems at all once we arrived, seated us right away. Great view of the lake. Staff very nice. Food was very good.

Austin, Tx
16 attraction reviews
“Great Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

When I got my invitation to my best mates wedding, I was surprised that the location was to be in NYC. Even more surprised to see that actual ceremony was to be help at the Boathouse. I got out maps and such to really find out where it was, since it meant we were going to hoof it out to the location, in suits and such. It was spring, so the weather was extremely nice to a nice stroll. We took a cab to 72nd I believe and entered the park there. It is the entrance where you will be hit up to take a pedicab and a tour of the park and they would drop you off at the boathouse. Don't bother, it was a pleasant 15-20 minute walk. The park is beautiful and the views on the walk over to the boathouse were idyllic. The boathouse itself was a busy place, but where the actual ceremony was being held was a little behind the main entrance. It was at this point, we realized we could of taken a cab right to the entrance pretty much, so heads up on that. Also, I believe there are times when cabs may not be able to reach the boathouse, but check it out with the driver.

The boathouse sits right on a large lake/pond and again offers wonderful views of the surrounding landscape. Knowing the bride and groom extremely well, the confided in me with the cost. It was surprisingly affordable for a landmark location. When the festivities died down, around 10pm, we made our leave. The challenge then was were we to walk back through Central Park.. to many Law & Order episodes dictated that wouldn't be the best idea. We walked down to what seemed to be a main road through the park, but it was deserted. Suzie spied what looked like a shuttle back outside the boathouse so we made our way back. I can't recall what company provided this, it may have been a common shuttle which makes it around the park at night. It certainly wasn't provided by the wedding party. It was was complimentary. We took it back to where we got into the park early and picked up a cab there. Tipping the driver is a nice gesture, he was very pleasant and provided us with some nice touch points on the way back out of the park. All in all and excellent wedding venue.

“Horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Waited 45 min just to be told no space and to wait more just to get on the list. This place will treat you terribly!

Birmingham
“Rude receptionist”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We called in on the off chance, without reservations and were treated so rudely by the receptionist that we were left speechless! She needs to be trained in customer service! Can't comment on the food, as we were turned away, but suspect the whole place has ideas above its station if she's anything to go by! Visit Le Pain Quotidien instead - wonderfully welcoming!