“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Theatre

Majestic Theatre
247 West 44th Street, New York City, NY 10036-3907 (Midtown)
Website
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

The play was great and I would love to visit again. The phantom production was one of the best I have seen!

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
58 attraction reviews
“Awesome show in a beautiful theatre.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

The theatre is beautiful and old looking, in a good way, and the phantom is playing in there, and it is an amazing show.

Austin, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“Majestic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We saw the Phantom of the Opera for the second time. The theater has an ambience that fits vey well with the Phantom. A great theater and show to experience Braodway and New York.

Visited March 2013
Aurora, Canada
25 attraction reviews
“Nice Theatre, be mindful of seating plan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Our family (2+2teens) went to see The Phantom of the Opera at Majestic Theatre. I bought tickets from the official ticket provider as I didn't want to take any sacrifice to our experience during the performance.
The theatre is a bit small, but seating plan is wise and seats are placed in a smart way to make sure the stage can be seen unobstracted. We have Orchestra row R, middle section, which was a good place, we could see and hear everyhing. But in a hindsight, I wish I payed more to have rows before N - this is where Mezzanine starts above the Orchestra secion.Rear Mezzanine is a waste of money, unless one comes there "just to experience Broadway".
The performance was good, but not breath-taking. The original plot was modified, so this might have put us into some disadvantage. The differences in level of artistic ability (voice/singing/artist-level) was too noticeable to us (all 4 of us have musical background). Raol and Erik were very good, Christine was just good - clean voice, but needs further development in ability to sing longs. We all liked Carlotta - she was the best in all aspects.
Overall, we rated the show in a range 7-9 on 10-scale. Recommended for one time.

Perth, Australia
“Phantom of the Opera”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I went to see The Phantom of the Opera at Majestic Theatre on my travels to America from Australia. This is my absolute favourite musical production of all time and so I just HAD to see it. I read the time wrong on the ticket and showed up an hour late! The kind gentleman at the box office was very nice and told me to come back the following night after 6pm to try and get a seat then. I showed up after 6:00pm the following night and was asked to wait until 7:30pm to speak to the manager. I really didn't think I would have much luck or that I would get seated somewhere towards the back, even though I had paid for centre front orchestra seats but the manager was such a lovely man and took me straight in to a great seat just 6 rows from the stage! it was perfect. The theatre is classy and beautiful and the production itself was absolutely incredible. It was so good that I bought a ticket to go back the following night and see it once more before returning to Australia. I loved The Phantom, he had such a beautiful voice and Samantha Hill was just a perfect Christine. The whole cast were fantastic, what a brilliant performance. The highlight of my trip. Thank you Majestic Theatre for being so kind!!