“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jacques Torres Chocolate Haven

Jacques Torres Chocolate Haven
350 Hudson St, at King St, New York City, NY 10014-4504 (Manhattan)
212-414-2462
Arkansas
16 attraction reviews
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Best hot chocolate I gave ever tasted! You can watch them make chocolate treats while sitting, relaxing, sipping your drink and eating your treats.

Staten Island, New York, USA
17 attraction reviews
“Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I found this place by accident walking around one day. I walked in and thought I was in heaven. Chocolate everywhere!!! After recovering from the sticker shock, I indulged and bought some truffles, bars a cookie and a hot chocolate. Everything was delicious. I will say, for the truffles, you're paying for how pretty they are, not the size, I was a little disappointed with them.

I wouldn't make a special trip to go here, but if I'm ever in the area again, I'll stop in.

Visited May 2012
pugnut
8 attraction reviews
“Hands Down The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie On Earth!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Had to walk in here knowing it's Jacques Torres and seeing the sign stating they have the "best" chocolate chip cookies. Tried a few gourmet chocolates, lovely and unique variety of flavors offered but for us the cookie stands out. How much different can a chocolate chip cookie be, right? Well, they improved greatly on what is probably the basic recipe but just used the best ingredients possible-top quality chocolate and European butter comes to mind. What I can't figure out is how they somehow have ribbons of chocolate folded through the cookie dough so you get several thin horizontal layers of this wonderful chocolate running through the entire cookie and in every bite, perfection! 3.00 each & big enough to share although you won't want to.

Visited September 2012
Brooklyn, New York
44 attraction reviews
“My Favorite Chocolate Place in New York City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate.. how delicious I cannot pass this place without going inside to have some wonderful morsal of this special chocolate. Dark chocolate, Milk chocolate, hot chocolate everything is great and I have tried them all.

The smell of chocolate permeates the air around Hudson Street. I like to say that the reason I got such wonderful grades in my college is because of Jacques Torres.I would reward myself with a treat from this heavenly place every time I received a high grade on one of my papers.

You can sit at their little bar to have the best hot chocolate in town or one of their sinful cookies which they serve just warm from the oven.

I have eaten chocolate from around the world and Jacques Torres is one of the best! Please never change!

Visited May 2012
sunny California
23 attraction reviews
“Good chocolate at a high price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We went to the location in Rockefeller Center. The sales associate was nice and attentive, we were the only ones in the small shop. We ordered both regular and wicked hot chocolate and prefered the wicked, it reminded me of the kind my grandmother made when we were young. The prices are quite high and the sizes of the chocolates were very small. We only tasted the hot chocolates, since the rest of our purchases were gifts, and they were good, but not anything I would make a special trip back for. If you are a chocoholic, you might not mind spending a lot of money on fine chocolate, but for me, a good quality Dove candy is good enough.

Visited March 2012