“Charming Broadway theater.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palace Theatre

Palace Theatre
1564 Broadway, New York City, NY (Manhattan)
212 730-0021
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #145 of 633 Attractions in New York City
NJ
25 attraction reviews
“Charming Broadway theater.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We saw "Annie" at this theater. It is a classic theater from vaudeville days. Not a big place. We had orchestra seats, center, fantastic view, for around $70 a ticket.The lobby is small, you if you are early, you may have to wait in line outside for the inside doors to open. Ours did 30 minutes before the show's start time. As it is an old theater, the seats a little cramped. Everytime the guy in front of me fidgeted, and he did a lot, he bumped my knees. The ushers were efficient and helpful, even suggested a booster for the kid. The theater has historical beauty,

Visited March 2013

Rockville, Maryland
“Good show, bad usher”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed 'Annie', though can't beat the original. Major con: our seats were in a balcony box and the usher was not clear on where we were supposed to go. 15 minutes later, usher gets pissy that we're in someone else's seats and nastily banishes us up a hard-to-see stairwell where there is no one around to guide us. Set a bad tone before the first note.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“slm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

went to watch annie, the show was excellent, the front of house staff were really friendly. the thetre itself is very nice inside. only paid $65 per ticket and the seats were excellent.

Visited February 2013
Newton, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
“Your standard theater for NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We just got back from seeing Annie at the Palace Theatre and I think it was pretty much your standard theatre experience. We were in the 2nd row center mezzanine and we had a wonderful view, the sound was fabulous and you could really hear everything that was said on stage quite clearly. I also liked that form the mezzanine you could look down and see the orchestra. As usual, the seating was very tight and at my height of 5'3" my knees were hitting the seat in front of me, but I think that is now standard for every show I have seen in NY over the past few years after moving back from years in the west. The other negative is that the bathroom lines during intermission are crazy - we got a tip from another parent to go all the way down to the lower level as the line was much shorter - it was worth the 4 or 5 flights of steps we sprinted down to have not missed anything. The theater itself is an old classic from an era gone by and while it has been upgraded with all of the latest sound and lighting systems it is quite evident with all of the wires that are tacked up along the mezzanine and balcony making their way from the state to wherever they need to go.

Visited February 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Beautiful theatre, but a little cramped”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We watched Annie at the Palace Theatre, which was an amazing experience. The lights and sound system were great and the theatre itself was beautiful and classy. There really wasn't much leg room though, which made watching the show a little uncomfortable. I felt really cramped despite only being 5'3' and 120 pounds. It didn't make the experience any less enjoyable, but I feel like I would have been much more comfortable had there been more room. The bathroom upstairs was tiny, but I guess it is to be expected considering it is an old building. I really liked that most of their employees were older, it proved they really enjoyed their job and made it that much more enjoyable. They were super polite and very helpful. Loved it!

Visited January 2013