“Beautiful theatre, but a little cramped” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palace Theatre

Palace Theatre
1564 Broadway, New York City, NY (Manhattan)
212 730-0021
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #146 of 634 Attractions in New York City
Montreal, Canada
“Beautiful theatre, but a little cramped”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We watched Annie at the Palace Theatre, which was an amazing experience. The lights and sound system were great and the theatre itself was beautiful and classy. There really wasn't much leg room though, which made watching the show a little uncomfortable. I felt really cramped despite only being 5'3' and 120 pounds. It didn't make the experience any less enjoyable, but I feel like I would have been much more comfortable had there been more room. The bathroom upstairs was tiny, but I guess it is to be expected considering it is an old building. I really liked that most of their employees were older, it proved they really enjoyed their job and made it that much more enjoyable. They were super polite and very helpful. Loved it!

Visited January 2013

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Annie at the Palace Theatre: Sheer Delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I took my 2 boys, 14 and 11 to NYC during the holidays. Wanted to take them to a Broadway show and I thought that Annie was the best fit of my choices. Except that 2 boys who don't like to sit for a long time had an attitude about a show about some "dumb girl". I'm pretty sure that this is the first show I've taken them to when neither asked what time it was or when it would be over. They were dialed in from the first scene to the curtain call. I thoroughly enjoyed it too. Our "Annie" was an understudy (don't know if it was an understudy or a rotation but there was a "the role of Annie" slip in the program). She spoke with a strong Brooklyn accent which took a little getting used to as I've seen this show dozens of times) but it didn't hurt the production. The sets and costumes were extravagant and great. We all enjoyed it from beginning to end.

Visited December 2012
New Delhi, India
14 attraction reviews
“Annie at Palace Theater!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The show was mind blowing! The sets were great and they really brought alive the story. The theater seats were comfortable - better than the seats at new Amsterdam theater. Staff was a little abrupt but I guess they have to be with the massive seating capacity of the place. In terms of prettiness quotient of the theater itself - nothing exceptional.

Visited November 2012
San Antonio, TX
8 attraction reviews
“New life for a Broadway gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My partner and I saw "Annie" in previews and it was a splendid revival of a classic Broadway show. The actors were perfectly cast and gave award- worthy performances. The direction was crisp, fast-paced and perfect for the material. Such a joy.

Visited October 2012
Connecticut
36 attraction reviews
“Annie- Joyous and Triumphant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I took my two children to see Annie in previews at the Palace Theatre in October and the production was joyous and triumphant. I was captivated by every aspect of this play. I predict multiple Tony Awards for this production. The casting was pitch perfect. The acting was sharp and entertaining. The sets were perfection. The musical numbers succeeded at every level. Seeing Annie, was the most complete emotionally satisfying theatre experience I have ever had. Run, don't walk to see Annie. It is a theatrical triumph.

Visited October 2012